cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does USPS Delivered To Agent For Final Delivery Means?

Hi! I Have A Problem With USPS Today Here's The Situation So I tracked My Package Is A USPS Ground Advantage It Was Out For Delivery today But Suddenly It Got Delivered To Agent For Final Delivery So I Went To Checked My Mailbox From My TownHome There's Was No Package Inside Of The MailBox I Was Very Frustrated And Confused About My Package Didn’t Show Up. 

IMG_4434.PNGIMG_4435.PNG

I'm Very Worried About USPS Didn't Deliver My Package Again It Never Happened Like This Before I Usually Get My Packages Get In Delivered In Into The MailBox of My Home.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

That is hybrid shipping where more than one shipping company handles it for part of the way.  That notice means the last shipper in the chain has it and is the one that will deliver it.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

USPS one person in a truck might not had time to delivery maybe 175+ today...if it is a large package on a truck.

Or if it is the mailman...is this the day your regular mailman is off and someone else is delivering it today?

I know my regular mailman..one of the most important people in my life...which is why he gets a big bottle of champagne during Christmas. And I live in a building complex of many apartments. I know my mailman is off on Wednesdays....and yours? Other substitute mailmen cannot finish the job of that day.

It was probably be delivered next day or so.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

USPS Always Delivered My Packages Into My Mailbox And I Get My Packages I Brought From Ebay. 

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

So I see no problems. Maybe someone decided not to work today from USPS....maybe vacations which they take as well as us.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Today I Checked My USPS Informed Delivery For My Packages I Noticed It's Says 

There's No Mail Arriving Today Check Back Tomorrow. 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

It sounds like there was an issue with your regular carrier ( vehicle breakdown? Personnel issues?) and its being handed off to another carrier.

In my home city there have been major issues with personnel shortages, causing the PO to skip up to three days of delivery, plus they are using carriers subcontracted from other regions.

This instance sounds like what I see in my area. I'm confident you will get your item, it just happens to be how things are going in this new era of post- covid silliness.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I Also Contact My Seller About My Package Is USPS Didn’t Delivered My Package Yesterday On A Thursday Morning and I Did Not Get It.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Call your local post office, not the 800 number.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

I Just Called My Local Post Office And They said They’ll ask the Carrier to Drop Off My Package. 

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

so, they actually have it?

The "delivered to agent for final delivery" is the event scan generally seen when a Freight Forwarder  or such delivery service is used.

If just incorrectly scan the package still should have been there where you get your mail.

Did it ever show as coming to you on your "Informed Delivery".

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I probably Check My Mailbox to See If My Will Package Will Arrive Today I Hope.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@tinataem2000 

recheck my post. I edited it.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

I believe @simba6 has the correct answer ... that it is hybrid shipping.  Goes from one carrier to another for final delivery.  I just had this happen with one of my buyer's for the first time.  Was a bit concerned when I first saw that. But it was delivered just fine.

Amazon does this a lot.  They start out shipping from their warehouse & then transfer it to the post office for final delivery. I believe that's what it means.   I asked our letter carrier what the deal was, when I saw him delivering Amazon packages all the time.  That's what he told me.   It seems to be mostly for the smaller items, at least for Amazon it is.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

It Shows Up Yesterday On A Thursday  When I Got Informed Delivery Email From USPS Saying The Package Was Going To Be Delivered. And I Also Contact USPS Today About Where’s My Package And They Said They’ll Ask The Carrier To Deliver it Again Today On A Friday.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply