cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Ebay customer support and sides with the lying seller

Thought I'd share how ebay really is in favor of the seller.

Bought a built computer. Messages went back and forth between the seller and I. Promised me a bunch of things.  Here are two of the main things that really got to me.

-Will open the return policy for you in the event you are not happy or satisfied

-Item will be what is stated in messages instead of what is in the listing

When I finally received the item, I initially liked it but as I was testing it out it did reach my expectations. Slower than my laptop and lagged often while launching games. So I asked for a return and refund. Seller quickly refused and took back his word and stating that he will charge me a 20% restock fee. Mind you there was no mention of that when purchasing the pc. So I reminded him that he said he would accept the return in the case I was not completely satisfied with my purchase. He did not reply for a few hours and then later saying that after calling ebay he did not have to accept a return. So i called ebay to find out if I could change that. I told them that I had proof of what was promised to me on ebay messages. After they read the messages, all I really got was a "Sorry we can't do anything since he declined the return". So I called paypal.. PAYPAL was also no help. Customer support guy sounded as if he was laughing at me. Anywho case was closed. and I lost that

Next was the bit about a part that clearly shows two items, Ryzen 5 1600 and ryzen 5 1600x. on the same listing. When I asked the seller, I was told that it was the Ryzen 5 1600x. After being frustrated about not being able to return the item. I overlooked nearly everything. 2 weeks later after calming down, i checked the parts to see if it had matched what was said to me and it did not. It was the ryzen 5 1600 not the 1600x so I messaged him again to make sure again if he was lying or not. Indeed he lied AGAIN saying it was the 1600x. So i called ebay again to tell them that I had an item that was not as described and AGAIN ebay customer support brushed me off.  I blamed myself for the stupidity for not making sure everything he says through ebay message was in the listing.

So some words of advice, do please be careful of this type of situation. If they promise something, make sure they post it in their ad listings. Screen shot/print it just incase. I was indeed a fool to fall for that, but never again. It was a really high costing purchase. and every component was cheap(not inexpensive wise), but like i said I fell for it and lesson learned. Ebay does not help much

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Instead of calling paypal, why didn't you just open a dispute? You have 180 days from the date of payment to do that. Go to the paypal resolution center now and open a case.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hummmmmm

Seems as if eBay might not be right for you. That seller though seems to do well though (except for your your neg). You’re not going to make too many friends here with this post.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

oh. i did and they closed the case very quickly
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

just trying to inform people about dishonest sellers. I only get on ebay to shop. and never do i post, but this really needed to be said
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

i meant it did not reach my expectations*
Message 6 of 6
latest reply