cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOID A MAILING LABEL FUNCTION DOES NOT WORK AT ALL

At this point, when I try to void a label from the TRACK AND MANAGE YOUR SHIPMENTS page, the function does not work. I receive the following message: 

Cancel a shipping label This shipping label can't be cancelled because you've either already used it or cancelled it.

I've tried several times and it simply does not work. Does anyone know a fix?

I am not referring to the refund, I'm referring to starting the process towards receiving a refund. I cannot start the process and I can confirm the lack of refund going through because eBay manages my payments and ends up charging me twice for a label to the same customer. 

I used the refund sparingly over the years, like most of us I use it in the event a customer adds additional items to their original purchase causing me to recalibrate the weight and/or postage class. This was never an issue for me until this week - twice! Any workarounds? I thought of using PayPal for my postage purchases, but I think that will complicate the problem going off platform. And this has nothing to do with timing, each time I've tried to cancel and replace the label within a few hours of the printing the original label!  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The refund would be coming from USPS and can take up to 15 days to appear in your account. The time is to make sure the label was not used. When you print a new correct label, it should have a different number on it, you would be charged for both labels at that point till the refund come through on the unused one.

Maybe it has been canceled and just have not received the refund yet.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You are correct, I would not see the refund immediately because as you say it takes a few weeks to show up in my account. And in the past, I would be notified when the refund went through. However, my point is that I cannot start the refund process at all according to the notification that I receive when I try to cancel the label, which I wrote above is because I've "either used it or cancelled it." Perhaps the refund process has been changed, but by all indications, eBay is not processing my request to cancel several mailing labels at this point. The dollar amount is negligible to waste time pursuing but for me it's a matter of principle.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

What shipper are you using?

UPS, FedEx and eBay standard international do not charge you for the label until it is actually scanned. That being the case there is no "cancel and refund" available. You were never charged.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply