cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using stamps to ship small packages

I was wondering if I could use First Class Mail (stamped) (.71 cents) to ship on Ebay? I don't remember seeing it as an option when I sold a few other items on here.

The item itself can stand damage (if it would be tossed around and such) and it easily fits into an envelope, and isn't worth that much. It weighs less than an ounce so I don't want to pay parcel shipping. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can. I have two other Ebay accounts, and on those accounts I sell small booklets. I ship them in an envelope with a stamp. Most are priced $4-$5 with "free" shipping.  It's worked quite well for the past almost five years now.

That said, if you have an INR (item not received) case filed against you, you have to refund, period the end. Without tracking you have no choice. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes you can. I have two other Ebay accounts, and on those accounts I sell small booklets. I ship them in an envelope with a stamp. Most are priced $4-$5 with "free" shipping.  It's worked quite well for the past almost five years now.

That said, if you have an INR (item not received) case filed against you, you have to refund, period the end. Without tracking you have no choice. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

USPS categorizes First Class pieces as letters, flats (AKA Large envelopes) or packages based on factors like dimensions (including thickness) and rigidity.  The categories don't overlap; each piece fits into just one type.

The maximum thickness for a letter is 1/4 inch and the maximum thickness for a flat is 3/4 inch.  In addition, flats must be flexible and, well, flat.

Postage of 71 cents would be either a 2-ounce letter or a 1-ounce letter with the "nonmachinable surcharge" for qualities like uneven thickness or rigidity.  But still the maximum thickness would be 1/4 inch.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, USPS still allows the use of postage stamps on mail articles.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply