cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS tracking stuck at "Shipping Label Created"

The tracking information has been stuck at "Shipping Label Created" for four days now. I'm starting to get worried. The tracking number is:

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: USPS tracking stuck at "Shipping Label Created"

I have the same problem with one package that I'm waiting...
Tracking status is "Shipping label created" since 01/14 and it is not delivered yet.

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?
Message 16 of 63
latest reply

@jay19841114 wrote:

did your packaged delivered?

i have same issue

had 4 packages shipped last week. and they all stuck at shipping lable created

from this points im very worried cause buyer can file a claim for not received item

even the USPS did delivered to them

Long experience has taught me that the vast majority of buyers just want what they paid for and therefore it wouldn't occur to them to pull that scam. It is entirely possible to jump at your own shadow WRT to the risk of being scammed by buyers.

Message 17 of 63
latest reply

Just some comments, hopefully it will "calm down" both sellers and buyers 🙂
Two recent packages that I have shipped out failed to update tracking or even "delivered" so I called usps and was able to get a customer service representative and told them of my concerns.
One package I had to call the buyers local post office (got the number from usps rep) and that post office said they had an internet problems all week and was able to go to the buyers po box and scan it as delivered, thank goodness.

The other package had scanned a few hours after I called. Weirdly scanned though, I shipped it on 1/14, called 1/15 and when the first scan popped up it said it was at a sorting facility in my zip code and I'm pretty sure there is no sorting facility in my same zip code. Then an hour later it showed it was scanned at the regular sorting facility.

Something is up. I watched a news video discussing how the post office expects delays during the month of January. I should have bookmarked it 😕
Message 18 of 63
latest reply

Also, usps call center thingie is super annoying. Don't think of going the route of putting in your tracking number and then thinking you can talk to a person after that route.
Message 19 of 63
latest reply

What was the outcome?

Message 20 of 63
latest reply

@crabtrap77 wrote:

What was the outcome?

As of two minutes ago, the USPS site is still listing nothing but Shipping Label Created (on 12/16/2014) for that package. It's as if it was never mailed. I'd be curious to ask at the post office (go in person) if they would check their intranet system, which logs more details than what can be seen via their on-line portal, and see if there is anything else to be found there.

As it stands right now, it would be a slam-dunk Item Not Received refund for the buyer.

Message 21 of 63
latest reply

How big is the item? Is it small enough to be in a regular or large envelope? Something that the seller might have just dumped in an outgoing mailbox?

I ask because I had the same situation to me a couple of months ago, but not on this site. I bought a small part made of sheet metal, smaller than a silver dollar and weighing next to nothing. I got a tracking # almost immediately, but three days later it still just said "Shipping Label Created" so I sent a rather rude email to the seller that said something like  "Thanks for creating a shipping label, how about getting off your butt now and actually mailing it?" 

That afternoon it showed up in the mailbox in the smallest brown envelope - postmarked the day I bought it.  Oops, my bad Smiley Surprised

I can only guess that my seller would pack up the days orders into the envelopes and then drop them all off at the nearest blue box. The carrier emptied the blue box into a big white crate, and off into the system it went.

The next day I checked online just for laughs, and the tracking had updated to "delivered, in mailbox". 

Message 22 of 63
latest reply

did you ever recieve your order? if so how long did it take, because mine is stuck at "shipping label created also"

Message 23 of 63
latest reply

@kninja92 wrote:

did you ever recieve your order? if so how long did it take, because mine is stuck at "shipping label created also"

Look up your number at usps.com, not eBay, and see what's showing there. Let us know what you find.

Message 24 of 63
latest reply

@justjoestools wrote:

I can only guess that my seller would pack up the days orders into the envelopes and then drop them all off at the nearest blue box. The carrier emptied the blue box into a big white crate, and off into the system it went.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Whether it's dropped in the blue box or a dropbox at the PO or at the PO counter, all go 'off into the system' FYI

Everything is always okay in the end
If it's not, then it's not the end
Message 25 of 63
latest reply

I'm having the same issue! Purchased and created a first class mail label on Feb 24 @ 2:35pm and shipped it that afternoon (handed to the clerk) but the tracking status says "shipping label created on Feb 25 at 9:53pm" which it doesn't make sense and it stuck to this status until now. Contacted the local post office supervisor, he said they're aware of this chaos and they're working on the main hub facility. Possible delay of packages due to weather condition and because of the system on how they handles and transfer packages and mails. And he said the package is still going to reach the destination. But t then again this is sucks because the buyer demands for a refund knowing the chances that they still get their item. I hope eBay will do something to this issue.
Message 26 of 63
latest reply

Having the same issue here in Texas, I shipped an item last week and until now there's no update and it stuck with "shipping label created"
Message 27 of 63
latest reply

Yup..Same problem here.  I'm starting to get msgs from my buyers about tracking not updating.  Stuck on Shipping Label Created -_-

Message 28 of 63
latest reply

USPS is really doing a nice job all package i drop on monday 3-9 stuck on shipped label created and all package i drop on Tuesday all show arrived on Origin FacilitySmiley Frustrated

Message 29 of 63
latest reply

"Shipping Label Created" (appearing within USPS tracking history) no longer means what it used to mean. It no longer refers to the name and address label of an individual package in transit. It now refers to a master shipping label on a big container of packages (a gurnee) which have been grouped together at your post office, prior to dispatch from there to a USPS Sort Facility.

It's a scan of a new label on a big container, which holds your package along with many other packages. It seems to have replaced the old "Dispatched to Sort Facility" message, which was way more meaningful.

To make matters worse, the time stamps now showing for "Shipping Label Created" entries are always wrong and illogical.

In our area (Chicago suburbs), Eagle Express Lines hauls these containers between post offices
and USPS sort facilities.

Sometimes it can be days between a "Shipping Label Created" container scan, and a scan at a USPS sort facility.

That's because the sort facility is overloaded with work.  (A frequent problem, since USPS closed so many facilities).

If the package is not scanned on the sort facility's conveyer line, (page goes through upside down, has illegible barcode, or whatever) it may not show up as ever having gone through the sort facility.

Message 30 of 63
latest reply