cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS site says available for pickup but dropped off 3 hours ago whats that mean

why would that be the info I recieved only a couple hours after dropping it off and its not overweight

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: USPS site says available for pickup but dropped off 3 hours ago whats that mean

Stress level continues to reduce thanks again to all.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: USPS site says available for pickup but dropped off 3 hours ago whats that mean

The postal clark had its phazer incorrectly set on stun. Unfortunately, USPS tracking may no longer update beyond this point. But eBay tracking should eventually show Delivered.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I was thinking my scales were off. And they might be overweight but am pretty good with that. In that case the grocery stores are selling me 15 oz butter instead of 16 GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Also, it had to be the 23rd and a package shipped to a closed npb case who had paid and I was stressing over issues with that etc.. Aaaand I am 70 yrs. and am pretty good at ebaying but something occasionally like this pops up that just freaks me out.

My wife says I am on 100% stress mode in moments when these deals pop up, but am getting better with help from ebayers smarter than I. 

YEAH!!! for you being here. Stress officially reduced ........temporarily at least.

Sooooooo, I am good on this deal and MERRY CHRISTMAS and thank you sooooo much for your help and assistance

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@alseyf-73 wrote:

The postal clark had its phazer incorrectly set on stun. Unfortunately, USPS tracking may no longer update beyond this point. But eBay tracking should eventually show Delivered.

As long as the item gets sent out on the truck to the next processing location the OP's item should update when it hits the next place where items are scanned.

Had an employee in my area that instead of setting the handheld to "prepaid acceptance. H, and then 3, they would scan it like something that UPS/FedEx was dropping off for the final delivery to be done at that location by USPS.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Soooo, where do I catch ebay shipping info. now ?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@heather699 wrote:

I was thinking my scales were off. And they might be overweight but am pretty good with that. In that case the grocery stores are selling me 15 oz butter instead of 16 GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Also, it had to be the 23rd and a package shipped to a closed npb case who had paid and I was stressing over issues with that etc.. Aaaand I am 70 yrs. and am pretty good at ebaying but something occasionally like this pops up that just freaks me out.

My wife says I am on 100% stress mode in moments when these deals pop up, but am getting better with help from ebayers smarter than I. 

YEAH!!! for you being here. Stress officially reduced ........temporarily at least.

Sooooooo, I am good on this deal and MERRY CHRISTMAS and thank you sooooo much for your help and assistance

Current USPS process is to send packages on their way without checking weights/services on the labels for comparison to what is actually dropped off. Scan & go.

In most instances any postage payment errors are detected by the new (2018) Postage Verification scans along the way. If an error your payment method gets charged the underpayment, or credited the overage.

Not all packages get checked. The delivery office has the ability to check the system to see if the sender has been charged when they catch something that is wrong. If not charged, they will attempt to collect "postage due" from the recipient.

I think the other poster got it right. Scan event error by the USPS employee.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Stress level continues to reduce thanks again to all.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply