cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS schedule pickup- NO SHOW

Our local office does not always show up ,but the next day I will receive an email saying pickup has been completed.

This happens when my regular post man is away,or they have a newbie,or too cold or too dark or ???????????????

I can understand sometimes they have a long day and anxious to go home,but why do they have to lie and claim pick up has completed? 

So when I do is copy the confirmation number and email USPS customer service telling them no one shows up and why do they claim so,this would be a lie?

This time I have packages with shipping labels from days ago,no one showed up yesterday and no one show up today,when they do show up on Tuesday Jan2,2018,some of these labels would be more than 5 days old.

WILL THE POST OFFICE REJECT THESE LABELS?

If so,I could l be out of money to the tune of 35 -45 dollars,one buyer has already asked where is the package,if they file item not received,they could get their money back and receive the packages later,which means I am losing money on the item,plus shipping?

I have complained many times but it seems to make no difference,I cannot take these packages into another town and they would not accept out  of town preprinted labels? 

It seems many of us rely on USPS,but USPS does not act like a business organisation,although it claims it is.

If it gets too dark,or they have a long day,or they are new and  tired,they dont have to show up,but they are not tired enough to scan and claim they have completed the pickup?

Is it because they are underpaid,or it is not a career job? or they dont think it makes any difference ?

what can I do ?

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Also why are there always newly hired undergoing training?

My regular postman is an old timer,but if she is away,the others just dont seem to know ,they all have this blank expression on their face?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yea that sucks for the OP. I love my mail carrier, he's a great guy. But he was once on vacation for two weeks. I have scheduled pickups every weekday. And during those two weeks, I got ZERO mail carriers come and pick up. I had to go drop them off myself (making multiple trips a day). But each day I would get emails saying the pickup was completed. Heck I didn't even get any incoming mail during that time too. After that my regular mail carrier apologized and said the replacement guy was a total idiot.

One suggestion I have for the OP if he's willing to try it. If you don't already have the scheduled pickup for a specific time of day (I think it costs $20 each time), try doing that. That way you can totally complain to them if they don't come and pick up because they are basically stealing your money. You have to decide if your pickups are worth $20 though.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

if I pay $20 and they dont show up,do I get my money back?
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

File a complaint on usps.com. There is a drop down menu with an option for pickup - service not provided.

The email you receive are auto-generated. They will either say that service was provided (even when it was not) or attempted but was unsuccessful because the packages were not found (even if no attempt was made).

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I did,everytime when no one shows up and the email said pickup completed,I contact USPS website -customer service and file a complaint giving them the pickup confirmation number.
I believe they pass it on to our local post office but our local post office just cant seem to get good workers.
I am winding down my Ebay business,due to Ebay return policy and USPS.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply