cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS requires but does not accept signature confirmation outside US

I am from EU and bought an item from the US with eBay International Shipping and received this message from USPS: "Reminder: This Item requires a signature for delivery. If you can't sign in person, you can sign digitally with Electronic Signature Online". The problem is USPS Signature Confirmation is only available for domestic US shipments. What am I supposed to do in this situation? Isn't signature confirmation supposed to happen at my home address?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Not sure why you received that message, but all it means is the US eIS hub has to sign for the package from USPS.

You may need to sign as well, depending on the options eIS chooses when they forward the package to you, but that would be with your local carrier, not USPS.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the reply!

I was just getting worried since I haven't received new tracking information for a long time and was wondering if I needed to do something. So I can just wait at this point?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's not uncommon for eIS packages to sit at the hub for long periods before being forwarded, depending on the destination country.

Has the package arrived at the US hub yet?

All you really need to worry about is the original estimated delivery date on the order. You can find that in your order confirmation email. If that date passes and the package hasn't arrived and shows no movement on tracking you can file a non-receipt claim.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, that's great to know. I try not to stress about it too much.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is. This is the last update I got on USPS tracking:

In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late

December 5

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

CAROL STREAM IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

December 1, 2023

Departed USPS Regional Facility

CHICAGO IL LOGISTICS CENTER 

December 1, 2023

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

CHICAGO IL LOGISTICS CENTER 

December 1, 2023

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The eIS hub might have it and might not. I've had packages go there that never had a USPS delivered scan, but eventually eIS generated some scans at the hub, so that's still possible.

As I said above, if it never shows movement you can file a non-receipt claim. I know the preference is to receive the item, however if the package is lost you will be able to get a refund.

The 5th was only a week ago and there's a lot of holiday volume right now, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just mark the estimated delivery date on your calendar and wait to see what happens. Hopefully your package finds its way to you. 🙂

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you. Let's hope so

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

did you ever get it? my tracking history looks the same and just stops at "arrived in Carol Stream". no delivery scan

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been active on eBay recently.
I did end up getting my package in the end, so don't lose hope.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply