cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS problems

I sent in an item on December 30th to the Authentication Department and it has been in limbo since January 3rd it is an expensive bag and I am nervous. What do I do as a Seller?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

USPS problems

Was the item delivered to the authenticator?

Unsure if your question is about a lost package, or a package that's been stuck waiting to be authenticated.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

USPS problems

No it has not delivered to the authenticator 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

USPS problems

I know sneakers ship with an eBay-provided FedEx label.

Is it the same for handbags? Did you use a free FedEx label provided by eBay, or did you use your own shipping service?

I believe if you ship using eBay's free FedEx label that you are covered, however I am not 100% sure. You may find more info in the help page here under FAQ or T&C:

https://www.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee/handbags

If you shipped using your own label then you're responsible and may need to file a claim / lost package inquiry with the carrier you used.

Edit: I just found this in the T&C 

The cost of shipping to the authentication facility is not covered by eBay. 

So that means you used your own label, correct? If so you'll need to file a lost package claim with the carrier.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

USPS problems

I used the label that Ebay provided for me because it had to go through the  authentication and they went through USPS priority mail. My item has not even reached the authenticator. I did all of this through Ebay. This is not my first sale going this way. I am nervous because were it got stuck the reviews of that post office are saying that the employees steal packages 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

USPS problems

You purchased a label through eBay, but it was not an eBay-provided label. It was not free - you were charged for the label, correct? If you paid for the label then you are responsible for delivery to the authenticator.

File a package inquiry with USPS, and when you're able, if the package hasn't turned up, file a lost package insurance claim.

You did insure the label for the value of the item? If not, all you'll get is the included $100 insurance.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

USPS problems

Just for the late reply just got back on. To respond to your post I have contacted USPS I could not print or do my own label had to do it through Ebay. They are the one who provided my with the label when the sale was finished yes I paid for the label but all the information was all pre done I just paid and printed the label.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

USPS problems

This isn't your fault.

I recently purchased some items and I should have had them by now.

Even if you used a higher priced shipping such as Priority Mail it makes no difference. 🙁

There appears to be an issue going on with USPS sorting facilities/ Distribution Centers.

I recently been reading some stories on this. It may have to do with upgrades.

That's all I know.

In the meantime you probably want to contact them

and work with them the best you can.

Hope your buyer gets there package.

Thank you for your time.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

USPS problems

Do not contact the buyer...you end up "opening a can of worms". Wait for buyer to contact you.

I have an item I mailed on same day to Tulsa, Oklahoma....after January 7th it went dark...no statement saying "delivered"....just moving through network. I am kinda thinking item got delivered but not "scanned" in Tulsa.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply