cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS lost my package.

I purchased a camera lens from a reputable seller. Via the tracking number, the item was sent out, but USPS has either lost or destroyed the item. Delivery is just about two weeks overdue on an insured express package. The seller has been in contact with the postal service representative and has kept me informed as to what is going on.  My question is;  I do not want to issue a complaint with E-bay as it is not the seller's fault, but how many days do I have to get my money back from Pay-pal if the seller would happen to decide not to give me a refund? If  USPS issues credit for the lens will it go back to the seller, or will I get the refund?

Thanks,

Steve

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

USPS lost my package.

@ssmejkalwrote:
 ... I do not want to issue a complaint with E-bay as it is not the seller's fault, but how many days do I have to get my money back from Pay-pal ...

Just go ahead and file an "Item not received" claim through eBay.  It won't hurt the seller's account, IF he handles it appropriately, which means giving you a timely full refund.  

I suspect that this seller is going to continue to stall and/or give you a hard time. There is no reason for you to be concerned about the insurance claim.  That's for the seller's benefit, not yours.  You are fully covered under eBay's buyer protection policy, which is called the 'Money back guarantee."  eBay claims must be filed within 30 days after the latest estimated delivery days; for PayPal, it's 180 days after the transaction.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

USPS lost my package.

USPS has seriously delayed some of my packages also as the seller. I would wait another week to see if it turns up or do as the other poster advised and go ahead and get the refund but in the event it does arrive repay the seller. When USPS “misplaced” 2 of mine it wound up taking over 2 weeks to get them to the buyer. Either way you are covered via EBay and Paypal. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

USPS lost my package.

If  USPS issues credit for the lens will it go back to the seller, or will I get the refund?

Either party can file the claim, and either party can be designated as the recipient of the claim BUT the smartest way to proceed is for the seller to file the insurance claim on his own behalf, and for you to file the Item Not Received claim with eBay.  You should of course cooperate with the claim even after eBay has refunded you.

The seller will of course want to wait until the insurance claim is settled - and hopefully pays him.  But do not let your eBay claim window close while waiting.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply