cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Rates Increasing

I read through the helpful message from eBay about shipping rate increases. From what I got out of the message, eBay will be calculating the rates as the changes happen.

I just want to get this straight - will sellers be receiving a discount on shipping like we always have? And does anybody know what the discount will be before 1/27? I have changed shipping rates on my items but I just want to make sure we'll still be seeing a discount.

Thanks, in advance, for feedback.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

USPS Rates Increasing

@therustygardener wrote:

I read through the helpful message from eBay about shipping rate increases. From what I got out of the message, eBay will be calculating the rates as the changes happen.

I just want to get this straight - will sellers be receiving a discount on shipping like we always have? And does anybody know what the discount will be before 1/27? I have changed shipping rates on my items but I just want to make sure we'll still be seeing a discount.

Yes. You will still get a discount.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

USPS Rates Increasing

The rates are the "online shipping" rates (commercial rates) posted at USPS.

there are no eBay rates

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

USPS Rates Increasing

@therustygardener wrote:

Yes. You will still get a discount.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

USPS Rates Increasing

As always, eBay sellers will pay the UsPS published Commercial rates for their domestic postage.  You can see the new rates here:

https://pe.usps.com/resources/PriceChange/January%202019%20-%20Notice123.pdf

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

USPS Rates Increasing

Yes there are discounts. When you do your shipping label, it tells you what the postage actually is and what the discount is. I just want to make sure sellers still qualify.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

USPS Rates Increasing

Thanks but not what I'm referring to. That is just the table for actual USPS costs. Ebay sellers get a discount when using eBay shipping labels. When I go to print a label, it pops up & tells me what the cost actually is and what the eBay discounted rate is. Taking advice from another reply stating that yes, we will still get a discount.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

USPS Rates Increasing

Thanks much.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

USPS Rates Increasing

There is no such thing as an "eBay discount".

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

USPS Rates Increasing

@therustygardener wrote:

Thanks but not what I'm referring to. That is just the table for actual USPS costs. Ebay sellers get a discount ....

When you are purchasing a postage label, the amount that eBay calls the "eBay discount" is actually just the difference between USPS's retail rate and USPS's Commercial rate as shown in the liked USPS document.    The document that I linked to shows both the retail costs and the Commercial rates.  eBay sellers pay the Commercial rates.  There is no such thing as an "eBay discount;" eBay sellers pay the published Commercial rates for domestic postage which are shown on that linked page.  You can use that document to look up what you will pay for Priority Mail, First Class packages, etc.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply