cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Rate Increase starts Sunday January 21st

Just a friendly reminder to all that the USPS rates change Sunday January 21st.  So you may consider starting to change your rates on Friday or no later than Saturday of this week.

You can download the various schedules from the link below or open the PDF file.

https://pe.usps.com/PriceChange

Good luck everyone.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mam98031 

Thanks for the notification, Mam.  Appreciated.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Thanks for the reminder.   USPS may be different from EBAY "negotiated rates"  (EBAY new rate for Priority Flat Rate LEGAL SIZE Envelope is $8.27).

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Than You for the reminder

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Yep, I was reminded  few days ago by postal clerk whom I've known for ages.  Told me he may be retiring next year.  I'd told him its just crazy that the USPS doesn't move towards staggered delivery dates reducing the workforce and he told me that in order for the USPS to meet its profitability goal by 2030 pricing over the next four years need rise 40% or more.  Told me he doesn't know how their going be able to do that given several issues.  So naturally I asked...

Told me the e-vehicle presents several problems one of the largest of which is battery efficiency when it gets cold along with weight.  Told me he'd not be a bit surprised if the USPS gets out of parcel deliveries entirely putting in UPS/FedEx ship stations.  I know that's been discussed before about 20 years ago. Told me a big part of the eVehicle ordeal is to stabilize energy costs, gas goes up as its has many a time, they bleed more money versus being able buy bulk electric off the grid.  But he told battery efficiency in eVehicles takes a big nose dive when it gets rather cold and the Heater's in the vehicles are huge killers of the battery charge.  

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

I remember when the powers to be at USPS would say the bulk of their problem about not being profitable was because they had to fund retirement accounts some 75 years in advance per Congress.  While it took way too many years to fix this ridiculous requirement, they did a few years back.  And yet we still seem to be in the same place with USPS.  Rising costs, less services, slower services, etc.  IMHO

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I remember when the powers to be at USPS would say the bulk of their problem about not being profitable was because they had to fund retirement accounts some 75 years in advance per Congress.  While it took way too many years to fix this ridiculous requirement, they did a few years back.  And yet we still seem to be in the same place with USPS.  Rising costs, less services, slower services, etc.  IMHO

Everything ran by government  becomes more expensive, less efficient and more corrupt as time goes by

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

@mam98031 

Thanks for the notification, Mam.  Appreciated.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Canada Post is not raising rates this year, but if it were, all of us using Calculated Shipping would not have to do anything, since the change on eBay is automatic.

Sellers using Flat Rate or Free Shipping would have to adjust of course.

Canada Post is a Crown Corporation and is mandated to be profitable. Fortunately the President of the corporation is not a political employee with heavy personal investments in private courier and shipping companies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_DeJoy

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Everything ran by government  becomes more expensive, less efficient and more corrupt as time goes by

As strange as it may seem some of the rates are actually dropping mostly for sellers that have to ship coast to coast. 

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:
@mam98031 wrote:

As strange as it may seem some of the rates are actually dropping mostly for sellers that have to ship coast to coast. 

Likely depends on what method they are using.  Ground advantage for 1lb or less is a method I use a lot and it is not going down, nor did Media Mail.  So for me, shipping costs have increased.  

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

I remember that  in 2004    under  Bush Jr   ,republican  senate  and  congress   .      I knew a lot of USPS  employes that where Veterans and had military  pensions  on top of getting  USPS  retirement  after  working for the USPS   .

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

@bashort wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Liquor purchasers here in Washington State would disagree with that. Ending the State Stores ended the monopoly, and up went the prices in the private sector, which of course will always charge as much as the market would bear. Glad I just drink beer but I get to listen to friends complain.

ETA: Agree with @mam98031  otherwise.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

and remember,..................................  "cubic" is coming to eBay

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Lot of sellers going to lose a lot of money on this one. 

This increase finally creeped rates up enough where sellers selling stuff at $5.99 shipped are going to actively lose money sending the items out.  Ran the numbers today on a 5.99 shipped Funko pop and the seller loses 11 cents just shipping it out unless they don't have to buy the 4x4x6 box.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

and that has what ? to do with what?

Message 15 of 33
latest reply