cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Priority mail not tracking. Dropped off at THE UPS STORE.

On 9/18/17 at 8:10am, I dropped off two packages at THE UPS STORE.  One of the packages was for UPS and scanned into the system. The USPS Priority Mail (EBAY) package going to Idaho wasn't scanned in all day/evening on Monday when picked up by the USPS worker. I called THE UPS STORE on 9/19/17 at 8:30am and spoke with the same employee who accepted my packages on Monday. She stated that the "normal" USPS guy usually scans all the packages at her store, but on Monday it was a different USPS employee and she said, he grabbed all the packages and left without scanning. As of 4pm, Tuesday...the status of the package is still " Shipping label created, USPS awaiting item". I just want to make sure this item is on the way, as it should be delivered to Idaho by tomorrow Wednesday.

The label I created was with a laser printer and looked to be in great shape and I always use the same clear packaging tape for all my ebay shipping item. I'm hoping this is one of those fluke things and that it will be delivered tomorrow? As a selle on EBAY i'm guessing we aren't protected? Man, it was a $400 pair of binoculars and if it doen't get delivered.....I'm going to have to pay the buyer back? I already sent USPS a detailed email and I'm supposed to hear something back in 1 bus. day. I think the same day the package is supposed to be delivered lol.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Chances are very good that your buyer is honest and will not look to see if the item has been scanned to screw you over.  Also, the chances are very good that it will be delivered, as most mail is.  And chances are good that a delivery scan will happen anyway.

Personally, I insure all my packages over $100.  There are third party insurers that are really cheap and good. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Insurance is your protection but you aren't covered if there aren't any tracking scans. If you ship usps priority there is $50 insurance otherwise you have to purchase insurance. If there is no insurance then you have no protection if the package is lost. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 3
latest reply