cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Parcel Select Ground no longer an option???????

When I list items, 99% of the time I use USPS Parcel Select Ground. I sold an item tonight and went to print the shipping label. I see under Service that "USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope" has been selected, but over to the right it shows the seller selected USPS Parcel Select Ground (which was the only option in my listing, and this item can't be shipped in an envelope).

I contacted eBay support to see what the deal was and was informed that USPS Parcel Select Ground is no longer an option (and hasn't been for at least 5 months). I explained to the rep that I have listed dozens of items the past 5+ months and nearly always select that shipping option.

When I asked her why this was done, she said USPS chose to no longer offer that option. She also said my ability to continue to list items with this shipping option is a bug they know about. I find it hard to believe it's a bug that hasn't been fixed in 5 months.

Has anyone else here ran into this problem? This is a big deal for me. I'm not a "power seller", but I have 170 items listed, which means I now have to touch everyone one of my listings and find a different shipping method. I'm really frustrated by this.

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

The one he wants isn't there.

Message 46 of 55
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

The one he wants isn't there.

and j posted their concern back in February 😊

Gotta love these stale thread "bumps"😁

Message 47 of 55
latest reply

chmo-142
Adventurer

I have gots with the entire USPS..I weigh & measure & 50-60% of the time it prints out that I chose envelope when I made certain it was not. Here I am again..guess what.. I’m dropping the **bleep** thing at UPS who will take USPS FOR PICK UP. I’ve just had it. The work involved in changing the label is impossible.uggggh! 

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

I have been printing my labels at paypal but you have to input all the information , including the tracking number.  Priority boxes are free but you are limited to the sizes they offer. With select ground you can use any size box. , just have to pay attention to weight. Ebay should have told us what the hell is going on with shipping!

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

Any box that you use for Parcel Select can also be used for Priority Mail, up to the Priority size limit which is a length-plus-girth of 108 inches.  You don't have to use those free Priority Mail boxes.

Message 50 of 55
latest reply

@kaylstickelma0 wrote:

I have been printing my labels at paypal but you have to input all the information , including the tracking number.

The box part of your post was answered. For the PayPal part of your post, if you really need parcel select then switch to pirateship.com and synch it with your eBay account. Problem solved.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 51 of 55
latest reply

That has not been my experience.  It's still in the drop-down for listing but it's not in the buy postage list for purchase.

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

I encountered this TODAY. It's 11/2021! 

Message 53 of 55
latest reply

Please read the whole thread. It's not a glitch even though it seemed to be when the thread was first posted.  In a discussion board last December 9, eBay staff clarified that eBay is deliberately removing access to Parcel Select labels. See post #15:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-December-9-1-00-pm-PT-Gener...

In a more recent post, one of the eBay staff commented that Parcel Select Ground labels would still be available for purchase by Top Rated Sellers, but your experience indicates otherwise.

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 55 of 55
latest reply