cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Delays

We don't need letters from eBay telling us how they are monitoring the situation. We need eBays action. Protections are all well and good , but buyers are getting sick and tired of hearing that that their packages are late and we can't even tell them where they are. More and more packages are showing only In Transit for longer periods of time. It is getting worse not better.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

USPS Delays

Same here, I had two package that sent to PR shows the same tracking information like you, "In transit arriving late" for more than a week.

and I am so upset right now.

Hope the eBay will do something to protect sellers like us.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

You know Trump put a guy in charge that has 75 million in investments in companies that compete with USPS and Trump wants to affect mail in voting. This is ON PURPOSE. No one is trying to fix anything or make USPS better. They are dismantling the big USPS sorting machines.  Million dollar machines.  They are junking them.  Actually putting them in the garbage.  I heard yesterday that they dismantled 10 in Michigan ... and this is after they said they would stop.  They also said they would stop removing mailboxes.  I would put a chain on your local boxes.  You can't believe them. This affects Ebay sellers and all sellers who sell online, which is a lot during this pandemic. It will affect your economy because International sellers will avoid the US because they don’t want to deal with your problems with your politics messing up THEIR mail. I’m Canadian, I am definitely getting more orders from Europe now. They have already started to avoid US sellers from what I see. This affects your pocketbook, but think of the Veterans who get their prescriptions delivered by USPS. What if if is heart medication? What is it is for serious pain? What if it is responsible for keeping them alive? How cruel!

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

You realize that USPS's system is made up of thousands of USPS employees and employees of private companies who are all effected by a world wide pandemic?

FedEx has suspended its own money back deliver guarantees. FedEx planes move USPS's time sensitive packages on its planes.

USPS's largest over the road contractor is the trucking firm J. B. Hunt.

USPS also uses many other smaller contractors.

Rural mail carriers have to use their own cars.

USPS interacts with the mail systems of most other countries in the world. USPS still handles 40% of the world's mail despite the U.S. only having 4.25% of the world's population.

Most of the loses USPS has suffered during the last 13 years are due to a 2006 law from Congress that forced them to prefund retiree costs for 75 years into the future. In 2019; for example, 83% of USPS's loses were due to this law.

Starting in 2010 eBay, and later Amazon, abused a 1969 UPU agreement intended to help poor people in developing countries. That cost USPS additional billions in loses all so these companies could allow their Chinese vendors to dump goods into the U.S. using our mail system.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

Packages to IL have been a major problem- 2 -3 week delays. Many other states are just fine. 1st class went to Hawaii from Cali in 3 days. Also to NJ in 3 days. NC and NY are taking 7-12 days. Seems like a constant with some states. 

But, overall, not sure what the jest of the thread is, there is nothing ebay can do about it. Either pre-warn your customers after they purchase, and offer to cancel/refund, or put the entire biz on 'vacation' and wait for things to get better. 

The overall numbers are: I've had 80 packages sent past 30 days, 80% arrive on time. 1 delayed/lost but found it's way after 2 weeks. 6 others stated 'running late' but delivered, overall, within 7 days (Priority). I'll just keep on keepin on. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

For all five out of five of my last sales, my USPS shipments all track as "In Transit, Arriving  Late."  One of them is already ten days late.

I wish eBay would make this a very, very high priority, and make an announcement to all buyers to warn them, and to outline the steps it's taking (and I hope it is, indeed, taking steps).

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

I've refunded a few people...But now it's becoming more and more common for the package to sit.

I use media mail to ship vinyl records.  Maybe Media Mail is being hit extra hard.

Jerry

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

@flashback-finds wrote:

You know Trump put a guy in charge that has 75 million in investments in companies that compete with USPS and Trump wants to affect mail in voting. This is ON PURPOSE. No one is trying to fix anything or make USPS better. They are dismantling the big USPS sorting machines.  Million dollar machines.  They are junking them.  Actually putting them in the garbage.  I heard yesterday that they dismantled 10 in Michigan ... and this is after they said they would stop.  They also said they would stop removing mailboxes.  I would put a chain on your local boxes.  You can't believe them. This affects Ebay sellers and all sellers who sell online, which is a lot during this pandemic. It will affect your economy because International sellers will avoid the US because they don’t want to deal with your problems with your politics messing up THEIR mail. I’m Canadian, I am definitely getting more orders from Europe now. They have already started to avoid US sellers from what I see. This affects your pocketbook, but think of the Veterans who get their prescriptions delivered by USPS. What if if is heart medication? What is it is for serious pain? What if it is responsible for keeping them alive? How cruel!

LOL. Get a life. They were removing boxes during Obama and Bush and whenever there was needed. They were children in cages during Obama, including that famous photo. Leave your nonsense partisan comments to yourself. Now that Trump's guy revoked all changes, everything will be nice and dandy, hope nobody will complain anymore, packages will be delivered on time as if there was no pandemic.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

@corvettestainless wrote:

The overall numbers are: I've had 80 packages sent past 30 days, 80% arrive on time. 1 delayed/lost but found it's way after 2 weeks. 6 others stated 'running late' but delivered, overall, within 7 days (Priority). I'll just keep on keeping on. 

I mail around 45 packages every week. Only back in march one package was delivered in 33 weeks and 2 in two weeks. Other than that mos of my packages  are delivered within 2-5 days. There is usually 1-2 per week that takes a week. See attached. All 1st class, two to CA Priority. Mailed from VA. I am not complaining. USPS is actually doing great job during this pandemic.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

Yeah, that's not true. The new guy has been in as PMG for less than a month and yet you seem to believe he just created all of these problems.  Seriously?!? Letter volume continues to drop and machines have been getting relocated for decades to meet the demand elsewhere in the country. Machines also become obsolete due to new technology and are replaced and upgraded. I worked for the USPS for over 33 years in many high-level positions from IT Mgr, Dir Fin, PM, to clerk/carrier. USPS problems were mostly created by Congress decades ago yet this Congress fails to get off their duffs and do anything positive for the USPS just like everyone else before them. The US Gov't has been using the USPS as a cash cow and continues to do so. These are the facts.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

Can you name just one instance of a Vet not receiving their meds? I didn't think so. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

They try to blame Trump for everything. Facts always burn them.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

There is insufficient confidence that eBay is doing all that it can to prevent customer and seller dissatisfaction over first class shipping.

eBay should provide more in terms of boosting seller and buyer confidence, like working with their contract/procurement teams to coordinate better evaluations of parcel/package management within the USPS.  Get firm pledges that the USPS is not delaying packages because of the lack of overtime, the loss of sorting time, etc.  And examine how to allow first class shippers are given free upgrades to priority mail shipping.

A package remains "arriving late" since shipping out on 8/9.

I opened an inquiry with USPS on 8/19, received a generic COVID-related delay response on 8/20, and still showing no movement since 8/10.

Carrier: USPS

In Transit, Arriving Late

Aug-14-20, 00:00 AM

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

Aug-10-20, 23:11 PM, ... DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

Aug-10-20, 21:56 PM, ...

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

Aug-09-20, 18:39 PM, ...

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

@sjmiller6404   There is a very simple solution that eBay could enact yesterday, extend the time period for an INR claim by one week AND extend the Seller's window in the claim by a week too.  Most Buyers know carriers are experiencing delays so i doubt the slow packages will be a big issue for them BUT some will not pass up the opportunity to get something FREE if they can ...

Why eBay hasn't done something like this is beyond belief .... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

USPS Delays

What happens when you refund people though?  Like does the item get shipped back to you?  I mean it's in limbo.  How are you supposed to give money back that you don't even have?  ebay/paypal holds the money at least for me until it's delivered.  I don't know what to do about this.  Haven't had any complaints from buyers (yet) but am anticipating that.  This is stressful because I'm just starting out with ebay selling things.  I also use media mail and they haven't moved in days past the original delivery date.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply