cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Awaiting Item Still

I ordered and paid for an item over a week ago. On the 31st, the shipping info was posted. However, since then, all it has said is, "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item," with no further updates. The seller lives in the same city as me, so if it was shipped and just not updated, I would have received the item by now (I have not). I finally contacted the seller asking when it will be shipped with no response yet (though I am trying to give them some time to respond). What does this mean and what should I do? When should I escalate this to eBay Resolution?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

USPS Awaiting Item Still

@mrflintstones wrote:

why is everyone answering an old 2016 question?

Ha, I answered the last 2 replies only being 30 minutes old, obviously, I subscribed to the thread back in 2016 which is why I was emailed an alert tonight... oh well if necroposting don't get you a Zomby Woof what will...

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

Same thing with me.  I dropped off a package in my local USPS parcel drop box on Wednesday and today is Saturday and tracking still shows “USPS awaiting item.”  Makes me look like a liar to my seller.  I tried calling USPS on the phone but had a one hour hold time so I went to my local post office and ended up waiting an hour to speak to a live person and all they could tell me was tracking was done and that someone might call me to discuss my issue.  From now on I will make sure I get an acceptance receipt from a postal clerk in person instead of trusting the parcel

drop off box.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

this was a old question, But bhffar  sometimes usps has the scans and it does not show anything until delivered .

Bubba Redneck
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

Customers also need to realize that it's USPS and not the sellers. We get flack for USPS mistakes.

As a seller, it's your job to make sure the package gets to me safely. That includes refunding and dealing with USPS yourself when a package is stuck in transit for an extended amount of time.

> Ebay should not allow a customer to be able to request a refund when a package is still in transit.

What kind of logic is this?! If USPS doesn't update for weeks and just gets stuck, technically the package is still in transit, but at that point you should (and will) refund your customer and file a claim with USPS yourself.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

YOU are responsible to get buyer their item.
NOT usps
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

@stekst-v59vzy 

Do you realize  that the post you are referring to is well over  a year old?

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 21 of 21
latest reply