cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB_to_HDMI converter shipped First Class Mail ?!?!

I bought a USB_to_HDMI video capture device like the one pictured below.

I paid on July 27 last Wednesday.

I submitted a Did Not Receive.

He tells me that it was sent First Class Mail.

Wouldn't something like this be easily broken going through a mail sorting machine?

The thickness is suppose to be 1/4" of less. This device is thicker than a USB thumb drive.

Why do sellers do this?

s-l500.jpg

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@broadwaynyc wrote: ...  he said I needed to give it 5 to 7 days. Tomorrow would be day #7....

The seller is not who determines how long you have to wait.  Check  on the estimated delivery date in the transaction record, and file your "Not received" claim the next day. The seller cannot win it, because he has no tracking number to prove delivery.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Being cheap, saving money on shipping. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

USPS has 3 categories of First Class mail: letters, flats (AKA Large envelope) and packages.  Yes, you're right, that item would not be eligible to be mailed as a letter; it's too thick.

Perhaps your seller meant that it had been mailed as a First Class package?  But in that case, he'd have a tracking number.  

Looks like you're going to end up filing a case for "Item not received" (or for "not as described" if it actually arrives, since it will surely be damaged).

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

There are first class letters and first class packages.  Packages can be quite large and qualify for fc / as long as the weight is under one pound.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

His response was USPS FCM so no tracking number

So most definitely not a package.

The tracking number he gave me was bogus.

Anyway, he said I needed to give it 5 to 7 days. Tomorrow would be day #7.

July 28, 29, 30, August 1,2,3,4

July 27 mailed, not counted 

July 31 Sunday , not counted

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

USPS has 3 categories of First Class mail: letters, flats (AKA Large envelope) and packages.  Yes, you're right, that item would not be eligible to be mailed as a letter; it's too thick.

Perhaps your seller meant that it had been mailed as a First Class package?  But in that case, he'd have a tracking number.  

Looks like you're going to end up filing a case for "Item not received" (or for "not as described" if it actually arrives, since it will surely be damaged).

I should have read all his feedback.

He has negative reviews for pulling this stunt and items are not received.

I guess he makes enough money to cover the losses.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

You seem to have omitted some important information from your message.

What is the last estimated delivery date?

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

. duplicate

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@broadwaynyc wrote: ...  he said I needed to give it 5 to 7 days. Tomorrow would be day #7....

The seller is not who determines how long you have to wait.  Check  on the estimated delivery date in the transaction record, and file your "Not received" claim the next day. The seller cannot win it, because he has no tracking number to prove delivery.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

You seem to have omitted some important information from your message.

What is the last estimated delivery date?

August 1 was the last estimated delivery date.

Today is August 3.

The mail has been sorted for my P.O. Box

The item is not there.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

And so you can open an item not received case today, or you can give it a few more days, entirely your choice.  Just do not wait too long.  You have 30 days after August 1st to open an INR case. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I ship almost all of my items "First Class Mail". None of them are a 58-cent stamp letter envelope which is what you are thinking about.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

The last estimated delivery date for the transaction according to eBay is August 1.

I have filed "Not received".

In response to that action, the seller admitted to mailing it USPS FCM without tracking number.

Prior to his direct message all I had was a bogus tracking number.

Now that I have read his feedback, I realize that he does this all the time.

I know I will get a refund, but I have wasted 1 week.

eBay 's system tells me that they will step in on Friday August 5.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@annadryl wrote:

I ship almost all of my items "First Class Mail". None of them are a 58-cent stamp letter envelope which is what you are thinking about.

The seller told me that is what he did. He mailed it in FMC without tracking number !!!!

Did you even read?

I am not  "guessing" or "thinking". He admitted it. 

No tracking number. First Class Mail Package always has a tracking number.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Some sellers will risk it to save on shipping. If most make it ok, it does save money.  As stated wait one day past the last delivery date and file a case if it's not arrived.   If it's in padded envelope it should not go through a machine.  But, a few do anyway. Those can be damaged or tear out and get lost.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply