cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS denied a claim for a package they destroyed BUT....

UPS just denied a claim for a package they destroyed because according to them, it did not meet their packaging specifications. The thing that doesnt make any sense is UPS also delivered that exact same box to me without any damage. My point is that the problem is not the packaging, the problem was always that they mishandled and abused this particular box. The box was the original manufacturer packaging for a well recognized brand. They ship hundreds of boxes like mine every day....and yet they get to their destination without any issues so again, the problem is not the packaging, the problem in this case is UPS completely messed up this box. I receive and I also ship 2 or 3 units of this same product every week, all with UPS and all in exactly the same original manufacturer package every week, so once again, the problem is not the package, the problem was UPS messed up this box. Anyone out there who can help me with advice about how to proceed? For starters, I will never ever use UPS again, but I do need to get reimbursed for the package they destroyed. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

"The box was the original manufacturer packaging for a well recognized brand."

IMO the problem is the package.  UPS specifcations are to have that original package in another box -  sturdy corrugated cardboard.  Original packaging is rarely made for shipping.  I'd say your case is with the sender not the shipper.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/packaging-guidelines.page

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@emsmoredu 

If you're just shipping the retail box, those aren't made for shipping.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply