cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS account number for ebay account.

This question has been asked many times and has never been answered. I have an approved claim number from UPS regarding a lost package. They fully admit they lost the package. When I go to submit my documentation, they want an account number. After spending many hours on the phone, apparently a person needs the EBay account number for UPS. One rep. from UPS said to use the number on the shipping label. DOESN'T WORK! EBay is also of no help. My approved claim is $95.04. Please, I'm at my wits end. Help.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Might even try your ebay user name?  Another guess on a duplicate thread.😀

KrazzyKats  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1998

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I just posted something similar. ebay and ups need to get their act together and fix the claim process. There is NO account number. They use your ebay email address, I guess. When you call UPS, you get customer service in what sounds like India. Good ol American company outsourcing American jobs overseas. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Lots of American companies outsource to foreign countries.  I had a nephew in Argentina who worked for General Motors customer service.  Later , he went to JP Morgan.    I called my house insurance and I could hear roosters in the background.    It's good and it's bad.  It keeps prices low  and helps folks in poorer countries but at the expense of American jobs.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@rfmtm  If you are patient, this person might be along at some point to assist. UPS guru.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

If you printed your UPS label through ebay, you have to go through the ebay process below. 

Filing a ebay UPS claim

If your parcel is lost or missing:

Download and and fill out the Loss Claim Form.
Email the completed Loss Claim Form to claiminformation@ups.com with the subject line "Customized eBay Claims Support".

Once you submit your claim, an investigation will be conducted by UPS to try to locate the package. If the investigation is unsuccessful, you'll receive notification with next steps to file for payment.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipcover/shipping-insurance?id=4643&st=12&pos=2&query=Shipping%20...

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Ebay UPS account number is the 6 digits right after the 1Z of the tracking number.

Which is 14V534

Hope that works for you as it did for me.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

New instructions for Filing a UPS claim

1. Visit the UPS claims portal
  2. Log in to your existing account, or create an account. It's important the email address associated with your UPS account is the same as the email address associated with your eBay account. 
  3. Enter required information, refer to the UPS Claims on UPS.com Seller guide for workflows for lost or damaged packages.

Error corrections received today from eBay staff:

1. After customers file a claim online, UPS sends the customer a confirmation email. That email has 2 different URLs to access the claim, and this is creating the issue some customers are reporting. Below are the URLs:
  2. https://www.ups.com/claims?loc=en_US is the correct access point and enables customers to upload forms related to the claim within the claims dashboard
  3. https://www.ups.com/claimdoccs/home?loc=en_US  (wrong) which is the access point causing problems for eBay customers .
  4. This issue is compounded as UPS also sends the same claims confirmation document to the customer via physical mail

Next Steps:
  1. UPS is in the process of updating or ‘versioning’ the email so that customers who filed online claims will receive an email with only the link to the correct URL within their confirmation email.
  2. In the meantime, please upload any forms related to theclaim by going to the online claims link https://www.ups.com/claims?loc=en_US
  3. UPS is in the process of updating their UPS Claims Process For eBay Sellers Guide to clearly specify that customers upload claims forms via the correct URL https://www.ups.com/claims?loc=en_US

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@rfmtm wrote:

If you printed your UPS label through ebay, you have to go through the ebay process below. 

FYI @rfmtm, the process changed in May. Here's a post I wrote at the time that shows the difference.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Change-to-UPS-insurance-claims-process-eBay-Labels/td-p/32972... 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@shipscript  I thought it looks different.  I'll have to update my notes.  Thanks!

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@wastingtime101  Thanks for the link. I'll take a look.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FOR MANY OF US HERE. WHY EBAY CAN'T TELL US THAT IS BEYOND ME................................ 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

The problem here is adding a document later on and you cant do it because they keep asking for an account number which I dont have. 

So now what do we do?

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Thank you.  It works!

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

cjwerks information above seems to be correct. Gonna give it a try.

My issue is UPS is overcharging me on shipping of a light item not going very far.

6 digits after the 1Z on your tracking number.

Why no one on ebay or UPS side knows this or how to inform anyone who calls of this is beyond me.

F them both.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply