cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Next Day Delivery Refund

Alright. I am getting the back and forth on this from ebay and UPS and need some help on how to handle this.

I purchased a UPS Next Day shipping label through ebay. The shipment was not delivered the next day. UPS has a shipping guarantee for next day delivery, so I am trying to get a partial refund on the shipping costs.

I have called UPS twice and they say ebay needs to handle the request because they are the shipper of record.

I have contacted ebay twice and they say that I, the seller, need to make the claim since I am the shipper.

What in the world am I supposed to do to fix this issue?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

To appeal a UPS cost adjustment eBay CS has to file the appeal.

To file a claim (lost/damaged package) you do that yourself, following the instructions here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipcover/shipping-insurance-shipcover?id=4643#section3

https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/sc/pdf/UPS_Claims_Process_for_eBay_Sellers_2022.pdf

If eBay CS is telling you they cannot appeal then you have to follow the claims process.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and filed a claim, we will see what happens. 

There's no actual option in the claims system for a next day delivery refund.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yeah, I know. It gets tricky when you buy labels using someone else's UPS account. Please come back and let us know what happens with your claim. I've never seen someone that used eBay labels try to file a UPS claim based on next day service not being met and I'm interested to know how this turns out @justdingers .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply