cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Declared Value Glitch on eBay Shipping Label

Hey,

Why do I keep getting this error message when I try insuring a package over $999? I sold an item for $2050 and if use the ebay shipping label system and select UPS declared value for insurance, it says: "The maximum coverage amount for UPS Declared Value coverage is $999.00" & "Learn more about UPS Declared Value coverage"

If you click the UPS Declared Value link, it takes you to the UPS's website which clearly states, "UPS's liability is limited to US$100.00 on packages with no declared value. If the value of your goods exceeds US$100.00, you can declare a higher value, up to US$50,000.00 per package, by entering the declared value in the UPS shipping system used and paying an additional charge" (https://www.ups.com/us/en/shipping/services/value-added/declared-value.page)

So clearly you can declare values greater than $999 but the ebay shipping label system doesnt allow you to even if you item is sold and valued over $999, ebay needs to fix this glitch asap! 

It doesnt happen with USPS or Fedex, only UPS insurance!

UPS Glitch 2.PNG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hello.

Make sure you use whole dollar amounts for declared value, no cents.

If you have a UPS account, you can print out the shipping label directly from UPS.

There you can add any extras like additional insurance.

Then cut and paste the UPS tracking number into the Ebay "tracking number" space for the item you are shipping.  It will show up as shipped with the tracking number that can be clicked on to follow shipping progress.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

My understanding is if you are selling something worth more than a grand, you need to go straight to UPS and order shipping there. You can't insure anything for more than a grand with ebay shipping. Frustrating.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you need declared value over $999, you can use ups.com marketplace shipping. The marketplace shipping allows you to connect your ebay orders. Your orders will populate in ups.com, and will push the tracking number back to eBay.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Using the UPS marketplace shipping is regular price, no ebay discount.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply