cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Claims Not Accepted

eBay we need your help. I spent two hours on phone today.

UPS site will not allow claim submission. It does not matter if you are 3rd party, channel partner, or shipper.

I spend more time on phone with eBay agent.

It is not possible to file a UPS claim for a lost item.  I am slowly either having to slow business down or take losses. UPS allows $100 free insurance, but it cannot ever be processed. 

Each UPS agent will say that eBay will receive the proceeds if the claim is found favorable.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

UPS Claims Not Accepted

@originaltexan wrote:

eBay we need your help. I spent two hours on phone today.

UPS site will not allow claim submission. It does not matter if you are 3rd party, channel partner, or shipper.

I spend more time on phone with eBay agent.

It is not possible to file a UPS claim for a lost item.  I am slowly either having to slow business down or take losses. UPS allows $100 free insurance, but it cannot ever be processed. 

Each UPS agent will say that eBay will receive the proceeds if the claim is found favorable.

Hi @originaltexan. The following is per our shipping team:

"For UPS shipping labels purchased on eBay, you can file a lost or damaged claim by following the process outlined below, which can also be found in our Help Hub here.

1. Visit the UPS claims portal
  2. Log in to your existing account, or create an account. It's important the email address associated with your UPS account is the same as the email address associated with your eBay account. 
  3. Enter required information, refer to the UPS Claims on UPS.com Seller guide for workflows for lost or damaged packages."
Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

That document is 40 pages long. I tried everything. UPS said eBay has to file the claim. When I called ebay, they said call UPS.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

@originaltexan wrote:

That document is 40 pages long. I tried everything. 

First, stop contacting customer service. There is an online form you need to fill out and upload. Elizabeth posted instructions above but you can also find them here: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipcover/shipping-insurance-shipcover?id=4643#section3

Second, you tried "everything" - so that means you created a UPS account using the same e-mail as your eBay account and you filled out the claim docs and uploaded them to https://www.ups.com/claims?loc=en_US, yes? Where specifically are you getting stuck? Is there an error message?

We can help if you provide specifics. If you have not yet followed the process then you need to do that.

The claims guide is 40 pages, but many of those pages don't have content other than titling sections. Only a small section of the the info is for lost packages. 

The doc is so long because it gives screenshots for every single step. Two pages = two screenshots for registering an account with UPS in a way that's compatible with filing a claim for UPS labels purchased through eBay.

Then 6 pages (6 steps) to fill out a claim form for lost packages.

Then 7 pages for damaged package claims. Then subsequent info on how to review the status of a claim. It's really quick and I suggest going through it @originaltexan.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

Hi and thanks. Ups would not allow a submission. When I called for help, ups said ebay has to file the claim. The error message was that I am not the shipper.  I found a third party shipping platform that I will be using in the future. I only have 1 or 2 claims a year. I just can't spend hours on a claim.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

Can you confirm if you submitted the claim here: https://www.ups.com/claims?loc=en_US

Because there is an error (not sure if it's been fixed) where there were 2 different URLs in the e-mail and one of them didn't work so you need to follow the one posted above.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

Another setback. UPS will not allow submission without an account number. The sad news for UPS is that I will continue to pursue this. 25+ steps with errors is intentional.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

Wasting Time is what I keep doing. It is impossible to submit because UPS wants an account number. Simply put, the process fails. Time to do online chat on Monday.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

The pdf does not match the UPS site

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

UPS and eBay is **bleep**

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

That's not true. I shipped a vintage 1946 Crosley radio to a buyer using eBay and UPS. I insured it for $108, the purchase price. UPS dropped the package, smashed it like Ace Ventura Pet detective, and proudly took a photo of the smashed box on the seller's porch. The radio is broken in the exact same location. I have high ratings on eBay as a seller and my thorough packaging is one of the highlights of my Excellent rating. I'm into the third day of  having UPS dodge my claim. I have an account (W3AFC is my user name), photos that YOUR OWN driver took, and photos of the damaged radio. All I get is a canned rejection message screen. I have a screen capture of that also.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

UPS Claims Not Accepted

Walmart does the exact same thing where their 3rd party sellers are concerned. NEVER buy anything from FANATICS through Walmart. Even if Fanatics ships the wrong size item, you are stuck! Been there, done that, and I have documentaton to back up my statement.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply