cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking on Ebay International Standard shipipng items

This has probably been asked and answered a number of times, but what's the best way of following up on delivery of an item shipped with eBay's new international standard shipping program? I've been using it for a few months without issue until 2 arose in the last week.

In the first, a buyer in France opened an "unauthorized transaction" case with paypal when the item was one day past the expected delivery day. I provided tracking info and by the time more info was requested, it showed delivered. I provided screen shots showing delivered and ultimately Paypal sided with the buyer and said I didn't provide sufficient shipping info. One option could have been to provide a copy of the shipping label but that would have had an address of New York rather than France.

In the second case, another buyer in France is telling me tracking shows the item as delivered but she hasn't received the item. Beyond asking her to check her surroundings and be patient for a day or two to see if there's any further update, how can I advise her?

For either case, can I follow up with an insurance claim? Where do I start with that? DHL?

In theory I like this new program but I do feel like there's another step that takes information out of my control.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Tracking on Ebay International Standard shipipng items

ise710
Thrill-Seeker

You need to use PayPal's own words against themselves. PayPal states in their User Agreement that Proof of Delivery only needs a zip code or a city showing delivered:

Proof of delivery

Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes:

An address for the recipient showing at least the

1. city/state, or

2. city/country, or

3. zip/postal code.

So the least you need to win is a scrap of paper (the physical thing) that includes

- the city name.

For example, date and "Delivered" and "Paris, France" and the tracking number.

Track the ESUS tracking number at:

http://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/easyship

Message 2 of 2
latest reply