cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking hasn't had any updates even a day before eta.

Hi, I bought a Nintendo Switch on Ebay for $286. I had received a tracking number on the 2nd of February and is estimated to come at the latest the 10th of February. Which is tomorrow. I checked my tracking to see where my package was but it only says Feb 2 tracking provided. And when I check on the seller it says hes on vacation till Feb 20. Should I wait till tomorrow and if it doesnt arrive ask for a refund?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Tracking hasn't had any updates even a day before eta.

er, did the listing say the seller was on vacation when you bought the item?

If not them this is bad form for the seller to not ship the item before going on vacation.  It IS possible that the seller shipped the package but failed to get an "acceptance scan" when dropping it off with the shipper.

DO NOT ask for a refund unless you have proof the item was not shipped.  But don't do that anyway!  Point is that IF you ask for a refund you will be required to return the item prior to getting a refund.  But you have no item in hand to ship back and thus your case might "time out" at which point you will lose the case and seller keeps your money!

No you wait until the day after the last estimated delivery date and file an "Item Not Received" (INR) case! So if there is no tracking and the seller doesn't respond, then you can ask eBay to step in, and eBay will get you a refund.  Follow the procedure in the Resolution Cent, link at bottom of this page.

So while you are waiting for this to resolve, you could go buy another one.  When the first one arrives (if it does) late, then you can file a case for NAD, ship it back and get a refund.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

When I had bought it he wasn't on vacation. Ill wait tomorrow then if it doesn't arrive mark item not received.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@edgacarrill_7 

OK, good!  INR is the way to go!  You'll have to wait until the 11th to file the INR case - the day AFTER the EDD is how it works.

Hope this works out!  Let us know.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It is currently 12:31 AM, Feb 11. I did not receive the item. And the seller is still on vacation. I did however find these reviews on his or her's store review. (view image). These weren't there 2 days ago, and as of currently cannot file for a did not receive the item yet. (see 2nd image). I guess I will wait until today afternoon to report it.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You should contact the seller NOW, do not wait.  Let him know you want a trace put on the package.  $286 is a lot of money.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@edgacarrill_7 

NO DO NOT CONTACT THE SELLER.  You have done enough of that and it isn't going to work.

Just file the INR case ASAP.  Then take screen shots of the time frames eBay gives before you can ask eBay to step in.  Be patient.  You are protected by the MBG and will get your money back.  Just don't get too excited as we see many buyers do things that get them crosswise with the MBG.

Sure looks to me like this is a scammer or someone hacked the account.  Don't worry it will all be solved, I suspect it won't be long before the seller is booted.  But that is not your concern nor objective.  Focus only on getting your money back.

File the INR case and be patient.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yep, I did that now the seller has 3 days to respond before ebay steps in. Thanks for your help so far!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

ok another question, I thought it was 3 days. Apparently, they can't step in until Feb 18. Is that normal? 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@edgacarrill_7 

Yeah, 3 BUSINESS days is normal, however there is no more "normal" now that we have the shipping delays.  Not clear to me what is "official" policy right now?  I filed some INR cases and they got an extended time period a couple of times.  Plus it appears as though a seller can call and ask for additional extensions.   So whatever it says on the message you got is what is in play right now.

So I guess you have to wait until next Thursday. Sigh.

Just be patient, it will work out!  I know it's frustrating - hang in there!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply