cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sri lanka post Temtorarily Suspende to United States

Hi, I sold an item on Saturday, November 6th, I did not ship it until Monday,08th due to service temporarily suspended from Sri Lanka post to United States. what is the solution for buyers paid from United States and Active listing to united states Buyers.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

In the US, we are free to ship at will.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You should send a massage to the buyer about the concern and try a private currier service to send the item to the buyer as soon as possible. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ceylon-wholesale-gem-store 

If you can't ship it out, cancel the order as out of stock and refund the buyer.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

USPS International disruptions has reported Sri Lanka Post has advised that the government has temporarily lifted the national lockdown, with effect from 1 October 2021. However, government imposed restrictions and guidelines will continue to have an impact on delivery standards for all categories of mail. Therefore, the Department  of Posts is unable to guarantee compliance with the agreed delivery standards of all mail categories.

This means you can still mail from Sri Lanka Post but expect items to be delivered late. 

How late I can't  say.  I just sniped 3 Christmas ornaments this weekend  from SL with an expected delivery date well before Christmas  but I honestly am not expecting them to arrive before Christmas. If they don't it's no biggie, I can use them next year.

The problem with late delivery is most buyers run and file a dispute the day after the expected delivery date. If my items are 4 weeks late then I will file a not received claim and leave the claim open for a couple of weeks before I escalate the claim.  Slow shipping I can deal with. It's NO shipping that burns me a new one.

Anyway,,,,I would really love to give my SL seller their first feedback and have it be positive. They actually have been one of the extremely few sellers from Sri Lanka that didn't ask dumb questions, and they  give accurate advice to people from SL that ask 'buyer can't pay questions.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply