cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedpak tracking... scam or just inept?

While it sounds like ebay endorses, if not outright expects Chinese sellers to use this, a recent experience makes me think that there is something fishy about it.

While I fully expect items from there to take at least a month, the updates provided seem to be completely fictional. 

Here's what I was provided:

• Feb 15, 2021
  • 9:57am Departed from Regional Distribution Center DENVER, CO 80239

• Feb 14, 2021
  • 5:49am Package transferred to post office CASPER, WY 82609

• Feb 12, 2021
  • 9:51pm Arrived at Regional Distribution Center FONTANA, CA 92337

• Feb 11, 2021
  • 3:16pm Departed from Origin Country

• Feb 11, 2021
  • 3:12pm Arrived at Destination Hub

• Feb 11, 2021
  • 2:23pm Import Customs Clearance Completed

Today is Feb 23rd, and I still don't have it, OR a current update.  But I'm expected to believe that it got to the US 30 hrs after leaving China? That would be a first. Most suspicious of all -packages to me come through Denver TO Casper, and are usually at my door a day or two later. Unless this was sent back, I should have gotten this almost 10 days ago.  Also, WHO is scanning this, anyhow? It's not the PO - they have no record of it. 

Anyone had a similar experience?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Probably means that they are transferring it to Casper, via Denver.  Doesn't say it arrived in Casper.

Just curious, that tracking is showing up on eBay?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Only good experiences with it, some are fast and some are slow but they do show up.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Probably means that they are transferring it to Casper, via Denver.  Doesn't say it arrived in Casper.

Just curious, that tracking is showing up on eBay?

Good point - that would explain it.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

UPDATE: The day after posting this, it arrived. I would still like to know how the tracking system works. When a person plugs it in at the USPS site, it doesn't show up, but obviously the PO IS scanning it, so...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

You can reconcile the Speed Pak Number to a USPS postal tracking number using Package Dashboard if you've signed up for Informed Delivery Service on the USPS Website.  Just use the Port of Entry and Date Info from the E Bay Tracking Number to reconcile it against non US Origin tracking numbers that you already have visibility on. Currently there is no transparency between E Bay and the USPS to convert the Speed PAK number over to the USPS number once it clears customs and hits the distribution center.  You will see a snapshot like the one below on the USPS website when you click on the Package Dashboard link. If this is a gift to someone else then they will need to do the same action as well if they re signed up for the service. 

NOTE: This is not a true tracking number and only an example!!

Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
9261 2902 4104 0100 0161 0792 99  On Its Way to USPS

Add Nickname
E BAY OC JFK / UPS - MI
FLORENCE ,SC
Parcel Select--
USPS Tracking®
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

we have no chooice but use it 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Did your package arrive a day later after reaching the denver distribution center? and were there any more updates after that? 

My package is in my local distribution center but I don't know if that means I will get it in the next following days

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

went to tenn. then to new hampshire, then to vermont and still roaming somewhere in outspace????

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I had a similar experience. This company documented  my package was delivered on the December 9th.  It did not come. I tried to email seller from eBay. No success. The tracking history was similar to what you experienced. I called my credit card company and the credit card company cancelled this payment and refunded me on this purchase. I believe this was a scam.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply