cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Item with USPS Priority, Label says UPS Ground Instead

Hello everyone, I sold an item (A football for what it's worth) and selected USPS priority mail but when I purchased and downloaded the label it ended up being UPS ground. I even clicked "purchase another label" just to see the options and sure enough no USPS shows up. I've sold a few football before, all sent through USPS priority so i'm left a little confused here. Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You're not charged for UPS labels until they're used. So verify that you weren't charged, then purchase the USPS label you wanted.

When you say USPS isn't showing up when you try to purchase another label, did you expand to see more shipping options? Did you verify there is no error in the package dimensions and weight?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yeah I didn't see any when I clicked options. Also l, I set it as flat rate and always click "Don't know item dimensions and weight" on every item i sell and never had this pop up. At the end of the day it's not a huge deal as I can just go drop it off at UPS as well, just wondering why it happened

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am also confused. I have never had a problem like that so I am not much help, but if I purchased something that was supposed to be priority USPS and it came UPS I would not be a happy camper. A better option if you are having this problem might be to take it to the post office and ship it using the method you advertised.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'd try different dimensions and see if that makes a difference. Some have reported having dimensions that are actually too small (like having a dimension less than 6") will take away the USPS options. eBay might think your item can only go ground (like it has a battery inside), and removes the air/priority mail/first class mail options (silly for a football, but those glitches happen and some have mentioned this happening to them in various forums.)

You might have to buy your shipping for this item on PayPal or Pirate Ship. Everyone who sells online has to have a backup shipping option like Pirate Ship for situations like this, where the desired shipping is not available due to an unknown glitch, or eBay's shipping system is just down for whatever reason. It happens, unfortunately.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

This has happened to me.

If the customer's address does not show up or cannot be verified in the USPS database (eBay links to this to generate the label), then USPS shipping becomes disabled. The defaults shown are then UPS and FedEx.

Check your customer's address for errors/omissions. There could be a missing number or something else missing that is throwing off the USPS database check.

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Flat Rate as opposed to calculated  means you apply a shipping cost and and everyone pays the same cost. You can then send it any way you want.  

There's no way I'd  ship an item without knowing what the item would cost to mail to the furthermost point. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply