cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping

Fellow ebayers, I sure could use some advice.  I sent an item to a buyer.  They are claiming they didn't get the item. In following up using tracking info, I found that the delivery failed due to a closed business. It then shows that the item was delivered 5 days later. I checked with the post office and discovered that the item was delivered to someone at the counter in the post office.  In trying to think on the positive side, I suppose that someone could have stolen the claim card left behind by the mailman and intern claimed the package. I just wonder where my liability ends. The item was $200 plus $107 in shipping. It will be a big loss. I've filed a missing mail claim, but I'm sure the post office is going to respond stating the item has been delivered.  Any thoughts? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping

As long as you shipped to the address on the buyers payment and the tracking shows delivery, you are not responsible here. If the buyer opens a case, upload tracking and then call ebay to get the case closed in your favor. Buyers issue is with whoever is at the address they had the item shipped to.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping

If tracking ultimately shows 'Delivered', you should be fine.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping

It's the buyer's responsibility to provide you with a safe, viable ship-to address. As the other posters have said, as long as you shipped to the address provided you in the transaction details and you have a scan showing that it was delivered to that zip code, you are covered by seller protection.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping

@casagrandepawn wrote:

I checked with the post office and discovered that the item was delivered to someone at the counter in the post office. 

I suppose that someone could have stolen the claim card left behind by the mailman and intern claimed the package. Any thoughts? 

If you can track down this intern that claimed the package --

but wouldn't the zip code that was it delivered in --

differ from the zip code you shipped to --

depending on which clerk in that PO scanned the package?

@casagrandepawn

So it's possible your buyer might try and hopefully fail an INR claim.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply