cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping using USPS

When shipping a item like trading cards or CCG cards ebay software on the shipping page used USPS Media Mail. You can only us Media Mail if you are shipping books, magazines or new papers. Media Mail cost is half of what you would pay to ship USPS ground or other USPS shipping options. We are posting this because we have had a package returned by the post offices because the item did not meet the post offices guide lines. The post offers opened the package to check what was inside the package. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shipping using USPS

You are responsible for knowing whether the item you're shipping is eligible for MM.  By the way, magazines and newspapers are not eligible.  For packages up to 1 pounds, First Class package is the most economical choice. Here's a handy reference chart that USP put together for staff:

https://liteblue.usps.gov/news/link/2013/04apr/Media-Mail-Guidelines.htm

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Shipping using USPS

@gyallum012012 wrote:

When shipping a item like trading cards or CCG cards ebay software on the shipping page used USPS Media Mail. You can only us Media Mail if you are shipping books, magazines or new papers. Media Mail cost is half of what you would pay to ship USPS ground or other USPS shipping options. We are posting this because we have had a package returned by the post offices because the item did not meet the post offices guide lines. The post offers opened the package to check what was inside the package. 

Hmmm, that is one way to look at things.  I know when I sell a book that is over $35 I usually ship it by Priority Mail in a FRE.  The cost is usually only $3-$4 more and I think savvy buyers appreciate the shorter delivery time.  Does not make sense to try to sell books that are cheap - you have a hard time competing with the BIG sellers who don't grade their items, only use stock photos and toss things in poly bags to get damaged in shipping.

Sometime I list with Priority but put a note in the shipping section that I'll be glad to downgrade to Media Mail if the buyer wants to accept the slower delivery time.

So it depends on your business model and what one uses to distinguish them self from others.

Oh and I don't think Magazines and Newspapers, because of advertising, qualify as media mail.  So those need to go by other methods.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply