cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping method changed with purchase. How do I avoid this?

I pre package hats in a priority box. The item cost is adjusted to suit the more expensive shipping. I got my first sale with the shipping method changed to first class. I could have changed the label, but instead switched boxes since I wasn't sure who did what.
1) Did the customer change the shipping from priority to first class or eBay?
2) I have found no way to set up my shipping policies to exclude other options. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any hep!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If it was the  

Distressed Camouflage Criss-Cross High

That was not listed with priority mail.  I looked at another one of your sold listings and it was.

When you create a listing is where you choose the shipping and select the service.    Priority is mighty expensive to ship a hat.   That will hurt your sales.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Seller puts shipping choices in listings.

Buyers can not choose a method not offered by the seller.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Buyers cannot choose shipping options that were not set up in the listing.

The camo hat that you just sold shows First Class shipping. 

Last July, USPS created a new shipping service name, Ground Advantage, which absorbed Parcel Select Ground, Retail Ground, and First Class package shipping; you might want to update your shipping in your listings since First Class package shipping doesn't exist any more.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If it was the  

Distressed Camouflage Criss-Cross High

That was not listed with priority mail.  I looked at another one of your sold listings and it was.

When you create a listing is where you choose the shipping and select the service.    Priority is mighty expensive to ship a hat.   That will hurt your sales.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I could have changed the label, but instead switched boxes since I wasn't sure who did what.

@jmb17efg

Yes, you could since you offered the Ground Advantage equivalency in your listings. It's all good... but revise the listings.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks EVERYONE! These are all great responses. And SO fast.
My own research found someone getting their method changed by eBay. That was scary.
The obvious answer was what your replies pointed out; I chose the wrong shipping.
Good to know other methods can't be chosen?! 
Thanks again!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Not the case here, but sometimes eBay will "default" to showing a shipping choice that was not that of the buyer, or seller.  Not exactly sure why that happens. It will show as "buyer chose", but if you hover/click on that "buyer chose", it will say buyer chose, or is the closest option (something like that)

Have seen "media mail" presented when it was not offered, or applicable.

Have seen "Priority Flat Rate Envelope" when the item could not possibly fit.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Usually those come up when the seller offered a shipping method which is not available through eBay shipping labels, such as Large envelope. It's very misleading for eBay to say "buyer chose" it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply