cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping labels

I apologize if this post is a repeat. I thought I posted it a few days ago, but, can't find it.  What is the cost of buying a shipping label from Ebay? I thought there was a discounted price from what the actual price is to ship an item. I was charged $4.13 for a label and the shipping cost that the buyer paid was $4.13.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping labels

Hi @swede3151 

Your $ 35 book that sold was shipped USPS Media Mail for $ 4.13.  There is NO discount on USPS Media Mail.  The discounts are the other USPS services, UPS and FedEx.  

Printing your labels through eBay gives you any discounts that apply, Media Mail does not apply.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can just click on your ID to see all our posts.  Here's your post from yesterday, which didn't get any replies; it's in the "Ask a Mentor" section so it isn't seen by most board participants.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Buying-shipping-labels-from-Ebay/td-p/34299588

eBay shipping labels are indeed discounted, EXCEPT for Media Mail.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I didn't mean to post to a mentor. Hopefully, it's in the right place now. Anyway, you answered my question so thanks for that.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@swede3151 

As posted, your labels are "discounted" when purchased "online" as compared to "retail" cost.

Your buyers will pay you the "discounted" "online" rate if you are choosing to "pass along" the discounts in your settings. (which it seems that you are)

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The cost of buying a shipping label from eBay can vary depending on several factors such as the shipping carrier, package weight, dimensions, destination, and any additional services selected (like insurance or signature confirmation). eBay often offers discounted rates compared to standard retail rates for shipping labels purchased through their platform.

If you were charged $4.13 for a shipping label and the buyer paid $4.13 for shipping, it suggests that the shipping cost was directly passed on to the buyer without any additional fees or discounts applied by eBay. It's possible that the shipping label cost was the same as the amount paid by the buyer in this case.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi @swede3151 

Your $ 35 book that sold was shipped USPS Media Mail for $ 4.13.  There is NO discount on USPS Media Mail.  The discounts are the other USPS services, UPS and FedEx.  

Printing your labels through eBay gives you any discounts that apply, Media Mail does not apply.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 7
latest reply