cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping fees

Three items bought from the same seller wee shipped as one.

Should the seller refund the unused shipping fees for two items?

Thanks,Yuriy

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Shipping fees

Should he if shipped together yes, but he trying to save a few bucks and pass it onto you.. I would email him and ask him to front one of the fees back, his stand will probably be you got both items.. good luk

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

A seller is not required to do so.  The seller paid fees on the full portion of the shipping you paid.  Shipping together doesn't always mean a lot of money is saved. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

The items I puchased were shipped on October 22nd from Selmar Ca to Ny Ny  with estimated delivery time October 28th.

I never recieved the packge and the tracking does not show delivery time at all.

What should I do int he situation like that.

Thanks

Yuriy

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

Open an INR through eBay's Resolution Center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

Really hard to  comment on your post w/o knowing all  the info.  It is conceivable the  weight  of one of the items would permit shipping  via first class package but three of them might have required priority mail service due to increased weight  =more expensive.  Total shipping weight , distance and package size  = a shipping  charge.  And typically 1 cannot ship for the  same price as three unless a flat rate service was used.

And as others have said the buyer does not  need to refund anything by eBay policy and refund given is out of their own "good will" policy.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

Actually as a seller I look at the final cost  and refund if necessary. By necessary I mean if I am actually making money on shipping. I believe although many may not agree that I should make my profit from the sale cost not the shipping. Of course even if I combine shipping I calculate the fvf on shipping and keep that but then I return the rest to my customer(s). Sadly Those who deliver our packages are **bleep** everyone with these shipping costs. I try to alleviate some of that pain by combining shipping when I can, and recently eBay has made combining shipping easier. Buyers should remember though that eBay charges on what the sale said before not after combining shipping. Also buyers should know that we get charged a fvf on the sale from PayPal also so actually it's like double fees on everything for us so there is only so much we can do. I have many return customers because of my policies I believe so on I will go. eBay certainly DOES NOT require us to combine though so ask the seller before Bidding/Purchasing.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply