cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping cost

I had a buyer enter the wrong package dimensions when calculating the shipping costs for them since they pay for shipping. I had the dimensions on the descriptions already, but they input a much smaller size and USPS would not take it since it was too large and incorrect. The buyer told me to change the carrier and make it correct, but I don't see how I can do that without canceling order and having them repurchase and renter the correct sizing listed on the description. Any help appreciated on how to handle this. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Shipping cost

Is it the swivel rocking chair?

Buyers can't change package dimensions or anything about shipping or the price of the item.
Sellers have control over that. Not buyers. It was seller error. Looks like you will be either paying out of pocket to ship the chair or cancel the listing reason Out of stock. 

When you created the listing you didn't put in the correct weight and dimensions for it. It definitely wouldn't ship USPS ground advantage. More like local pick up only would be better. This way the buyer picks up the item from you. No shipping involved.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Shipping cost

The seller is responsible for entering the package size when they make the listing.  Buyer has no ability to do so whatsoever.  Any errors are the responsibility for you to correct.  If it costs more to ship, it's on you as an adult to cover the difference.   You might be able to get a better rate from FedEx or UPS though I've found USPS to be the most fair.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Shipping cost

Uh it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for a buyer to do anything with your shipping dimensions.

You enter in the shipping dimensions on your listing and when you print your label.

All buyer paid shipping means is that they pay for the shipping based on the weight and dimensions YOU enter.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Shipping cost

You are certainly aware the 'customer' does not input any shipping measurements. Don't you have the box sitting there for you to ship? It says it's in a shipping box. Just weight it and measure it, input the numbers into the shipping calculator, and send it off.

From the description:

• 【Easy Assembly】OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 29.1’ ’D x 30.3” W x 40.2” H; Ship in a single box, meaning it's easy to carry the shipping box to the assembly area. It is also easy to assemble, you can refer to the assembly instructions to assemble it, it only takes 8-15 minutes. It will be a good choice to accompany you.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Shipping cost

@cvmorlaes Do you mean they told you to put some other dimensions instead of the ones you already had... and you did that? If that's what you mean then you're responsible for the wrong dimensions because you shouldn't have changed them. The buyer can't physically change anything so you would have to do that yourself. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply