cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping back multiple items

Answers seem to be all over the place. I bought 4 items from a seller in one order, which were golf clubs. Before they shipped them (which they did in one box) they assembled the clubs. 

Am I understanding that in order to return them, I will have to have someone disassemble the clubs first so I can send back 4 separate packages? Even though the seller shipped in only 1 package?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

So head of a club + shaft x2. They assembled the head and shaft before shipping, all in one box. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

"bought 4 items"...each item although in same box returning each item needs that tracking of each item in that box on items returned...not tracking for a box...but for each item in the box.

Tracking...for each item bought with same tracking for return...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

So why it is giving me 4 separate shipping labels then? With 4 different tracking numbers on each label? Even though there is 1 order number 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Because seller is using eBay shipping labels which you have to use...thus 4 boxes with 4 different tracking numbers.

Sounds like the seller wants you to do some hard labor work of shipping like a seller. Smart move from a seller.

I can't imagine reshipping 4 golf clubs even as a seller.

But from a buyer(you) to a seller not a smart move....feedback.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

so it's also then on me to pay to disassemble the clubs to ship back separately? Because these are glued in so I can't just take them apart myself. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101  do you have some insight for @hozzlerocketsdc3 ?

Ebay sent 4 return labels but items are glued apparently, and were sent in 1 box. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

The sellers return policy should be in the description of the item(s) purchased.  It should be a simple matter to contact the seller and ask them your question on how they want the item(s) returned.  Some sellers require you to get an RMA number (return merchandise authorization) from them before sending back.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@ltldpr wrote:

Ebay sent 4 return labels but items are glued apparently, and were sent in 1 box. 

That's how eBay's return system works @ltldpr . If they were 4 different items and not 4 of the same item, eBay treats it as 4 separate returns with 4 separate return labels. It's been a pain point for both buyers and sellers over the years. 

Even if the buyer has to ship back in 4 separate packages, why would the clubs being glued be a factor in shipping? Because the buyer does not have 4 boxes on hand? Get some large cardboard and assemble boxes, or go out and buy the boxes.

The last thing the buyer should do is change the item condition before returning. That could result in being reported for altering the item condition and result in a 50% refund instead of a full refund.

Why do you feel you have to take apart the clubs to return them @hozzlerocketsdc3, when they were shipped to you assembled?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

That's how eBay's return system works @ltldpr . If they were 4 different items and not 4 of the same item, eBay treats it as 4 separate returns with 4 separate return labels. It's been a pain point for both buyers and sellers over the years. 

Even if the buyer has to ship back in 4 separate packages, why would the clubs being glued be a factor in shipping? Because the buyer does not have 4 boxes on hand? Get some large cardboard and assemble boxes, or go out and buy the boxes.

The last thing the buyer should do is change the item condition before returning. That could result in being reported for altering the item condition and result in a 50% refund instead of a full refund.

Why do you feel you have to take apart the clubs to return them @hozzlerocketsdc3, when they were shipped to you assembled?

Buyer purchased 4 parts that seller assembled, using glue, into 2 golf clubs, and shipped in 1 box. 

Buyer is given 4 return labels.

In order to use all 4 labels, byer MUST disassemble the glued clubs (possibly destroying them) and ship back 4 parts in 4 boxes.

Can buyer just use 1 box & 1 label returning them assembled just like they arrived, or do they have to use all 4? Are the labels for the lighter weight of the dissembled parts? 

It's not a matter of finding boxes. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@ltldpr wrote:

Buyer purchased 4 parts that seller assembled, using glue, into 2 golf clubs, and shipped in 1 box. 

Thank you for that. I missed the OP's second post which clarified. (I initially read it as buyer purchasing 4 disassembled clubs that were assembled/glued before shipping.) In that case, I suggest @hozzlerocketsdc3 reaches out to eBay CS support through social media to see what they say. Send a DM to the effect of:

Hi, I'm a buyer and need help with a return.

Item numbers: [insert here]

Return ID: [insert here]

I ordered 4 items: 2 golf club heads, 2 shafts (total 4 pieces). The seller did not ship the pieces loose as expected. Instead the seller assembled them and glued them together, shipping 2 assembled pieces.

When I opened the return request, 4 return labels were provided. At most I can only ship back 2 packages because of the seller gluing these pieces together. I cannot disassemble without damaging the product and it would cost money to have them professionally separated. I do not want to send them back in an altered condition from how they were received.

Please advise the best steps - can I return 2 packages and have eBay note the situation so I'm still refunded for all 4 items?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Additional advice @hozzlerocketsdc3 :

You may want to go ahead and outline to the seller in an eBay message (or better yet, in the return case if you're given the option) exactly what the issue is, then explain how you are shipping back (e.g., both clubs in one package, in 2 packages, etc) and which label/tracking you are using.

This should take care of it. As long as your seller is honest, they will refund all 4 items on return. If for any reason the seller does not take care of it, you will have the info clearly outlined and can contact eBay CS for support.

If you run into any other problems along the way come back and let us know. Happy to help you through this. I've dealt with some odd return / tracking situations and can probably point you on the right path.

Hope it goes smoothly and, if not, we're here to back you up.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply