cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping a Set of 31 Books

Hi, I have 31 Leather Bound Books...A Complete Set.... What is the Best and Safest way to ship these...60 pounds of Books?... I Always Ship Media for my Books...My Question is...Due to Weight...Extremely Heavy..dead weight... Best way to ship these..

Thank you, Kim

Kim
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Media Mail shipping, divided into 3 boxes.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Would they fit in a large priority flat rate box?  If not, I would divide them up as nobody's_perfect suggested.  If they sell, let the buyer know that!  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would 31 books that weigh 60 lbs fit in a flat rate box?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

Would they fit in a large priority flat rate box?  If not, I would divide them up as nobody's_perfect suggested.  If they sell, let the buyer know that!  

It's 31 leather-bound books.

I've shipped a lot of books (and large VHS sets back in the day) and agree with the three-box idea.  Each box will weigh no more than about 22 lb, which is easily lifted, and ship media mail.  For ease of the buyer, I would print three copies of the invoice, one for each box. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You can't ship them any cheaper than USPS Media Mail rate, so the best way is to ship in multiple boxes at Media Mail rate. 

At that rate you can afford to double box (line the boxes with more cardboard) and put filler between stacks, etc. If the boxes are dropped, you'd want the books protected.  Good luck. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply