cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping To PO Boxes, APO, & U.S. Protectorates.......

Hi Everyone. Was wanting sellers opinions & experiences on  shipping to PO Boxes, Military Posts & US Protectorates.  In the past, I have sold a few things to Puerto Rico & to P.O. Boxes. I didn't have any problems then. It has been over 5 years. I do know the world has changed & so has shipping. At this time, I am not doing EIS. I just like to ship directly. 

I have had wonderful people here help me so much and I can't thank you enough for taking time out of your day to help another seller figure things out. Look forward to your responses. Blessings to all of you each and every day. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Not sure what you are looking for, but just wanted to reiterate (and you know this) that a PO box is the safest place to ship to.  A locked box in a Federal building, accessible ONLY by the owner of the box.  No package sitting out in the rain or available to porch pirates.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for answering.  I recently heard things about shipping to all of the above. Others who are not selling on ebay. I know with storms, and other things that go on in the world, before I added the above shipping areas etc., that I got the right info from other sellers, if it is a good idea to add. Sorry thought I put that in post. Working on my store today and wanting to get everything set up before I forget to far along.  P.O boxes to me seemed okay to do until I get detered from thinking differently. Thank you for putting it into perspective for me. Have a very blessed day!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

As noted in the other post, shipping to PO Boxes is the best, safest shipping destination although of course the carrier has to be USPS.

Shipping to Protectorates, PR, and APO/FPO can be VERY slow via Ground Advantage, so be sure to add Priority Mail as an option in listings that ship to those places.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Sorry was supposed to say before I get so far along with listing. Too early in the morning. Storms woke us very early on the east coast. 🙂

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@toyboxtreasuresandmore2024 wrote:

Hi Everyone. Was wanting sellers opinions & experiences on  shipping to PO Boxes, Military Posts & US Protectorates.  In the past, I have sold a few things to Puerto Rico & to P.O. Boxes. I didn't have any problems then. It has been over 5 years. I do know the world has changed & so has shipping. At this time, I am not doing EIS. I just like to ship directly. 

I have had wonderful people here help me so much and I can't thank you enough for taking time out of your day to help another seller figure things out. Look forward to your responses. Blessings to all of you each and every day. 

Have not had any issues with post offices, Puerto Rico or Military installations. Some international sales can get a little sticky but that has always been that way.

-Welcome back and good luck

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for answering. Now I use ebay shipping labels with USPS. I will add Priority mail as well. If I did all of the areas above, will all the info needed to ship already been done by ebay. Or will I have to fill out special forms for some. Thanks.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks so much for your post. It really helps a lot. Now I use ebay shipping labels with USPS.  If I did all of the areas above, will all the info needed to ship already been done by ebay. Or will I have to fill out special forms for some. Thanks.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You can set up your own shipping rules if you like that will allow you to customize where and which shipper you prefer. I set up some for priority mail boxes that i know items will fit in and i can easily add to my listings. There are some links in the help section that you can learn how to do that here on Ebay. I also like using UTube to search how to do things as it will give you a visual to help navigate through the process. Keep in mind that not all videos are created equal and/or may be the best way to approach it.  Taking the time to set up some shipping rules can save you time when you are listing items.

-Good Luck

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Shipping to Protectorates, PR, and APO/FPO can be VERY slow via Ground Advantage, so be sure to add Priority Mail as an option in listings that ship to those places.

I just shipped something to PR via GA back in March  and it was delivered in 5 days.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply