cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Rates Gone Wrong !

Just needed to know  why do my buyers get a crazy large quotes on shipping ???  I always put in the correct weight and size of box. Thanks for any help. 🙂 Bunny

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Your Choice USPS Priority or USPS First Class  every time  🙂 

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@gramas*lil*rose wrote:

So for my four mugs {124418437219} it was going to cost 67.+ Like wow way off 😞  I got it fixed for her, but is there any fix to this in my other auctions? its happened a lot.

That listing is showing the correct postage rate for 15 pounds, or for a package with a dimensional weight of 15 pounds.

USPS charges a "dimensional weight" for any package over 1 cubic foot (1728 cubic inches).  So if you entered a weight less than 15 pounds, you must have entered package dimensions which yield a dimensional weight of 15 pounds.  Check the package dimensions that you entered in the listing.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Not sure where you got that from; USPS Priority Express is absolutely an option... but let's cut the fat off this hog and just tell us the size and weight. 

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

You have a leather scabbard shipping for over $83. That can't possibly be right.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Your leather scabbard shows $130 shipping to me in metro Atlanta. Something is very wrong there.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@gramas*lil*rose wrote:

So for my four mugs {124418437219} it was going to cost 67.+ Like wow way off 😞  I got it fixed for her, but is there any fix to this in my other auctions? its happened a lot.

I am not sure what is off... are you entering the correct package sizes?  Go to your listings and select revise and see what the package dimensions are for the item.  Then if it's correct check the shipping price here>>

https://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

its not 😞 it only weighs 3 pounds.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Very incorrect! 😞

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@wrong66 wrote:

You have a leather scabbard shipping for over $83. That can't possibly be right.

The problem is with the PACKAGE DIMENSIONS.  

For various ZIP Codes, the scabbard is consistently showing Priority Mail and Parcel Select Ground prices for a weight of 48 pounds.   The item itself is 38 inches long. Apparently the package volume is large enough to compute a dimensional weight of 48 pounds.  The seller should check the accuracy of the dimensions that are entered in the listing.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Leather Scabbard shows $83 to Cali; and also shows it will take 11 to 14 days to get here. What size, weight and 'handling time' are you putting in here? 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

Leather Scabbard shows $83 to Cali; and also shows it will take 11 to 14 days to get here. What size, weight and 'handling time' are you putting in here? 

Remember, it's an auction and it ends on November 11.  So with one-day handling, the delivery estimate is based on a shipping date of November 12, not today. 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Just  for grins can you post the  actual  package size & weight along with shipping service that you have inputted for one or two of your current listings?

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 27 of 27
latest reply