cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Label printer

Hi

I want to start selling. Can anyone recommend a label printer compatible with eBay?

Thanks

doublelman

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Shipping Label printer

@doublelman wrote:

Hi

I want to start selling. Can anyone recommend a label printer compatible with eBay?

Thanks

doublelman

I was using a Dymo 4XL and it was plug and play. Very easy to use and labels were inexpensive. If i was to get a new one, i would look at the newest Dymo (not sure of model) and would check out the Rollo brand which i have heard great things about as well. There are more out there but that is what i liked and used.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Shipping Label printer

Thank you for the reply! 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Shipping Label printer

I bought a Brother QL-1110NWB a few years ago and been happy with it. I'm not a high volume seller, but it does a good job. Fast. I think they make a non-Bluetooth or wireless version for a bit cheaper if you're not looking for that. But I wanted it to have Bluetooth as a just in case. Came in handy once or twice too when I needed to print from my phone. Can find labels for them fairly cheap.

Beyond that, people seem to like Zebra printers. Workhorses and all that. See them all the time. Particularly at conventions. Can find refurbished ones here and there. I grew to dislike them myself since I used to support them. Tons of issues with them. But at this point I'm wondering if we just had bad luck or was something to do with the software we were using since I seem to usually be the only one that dislikes them. You used to be able to get free labels for them from UPS or FedEx. Not sure if they still do that. But they'll want you to ship via them. Can find labels for them fairly cheap online too.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Shipping Label printer

Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Shipping Label printer

A label printer can be economical and practical for even a low volume seller. They are reliable, labels look professional, and keeps your regular printer free for other document printing. Plus they print all kinds of other labels as well.

For USPS only the small narrow width low cost printers like the Dymo 450, is all you need. For USPS, UPS, FedEx, you need a larger printer than does 4"x6" labels like the Dymo 4XL. Plus this size can be used for Packing Slips as well. They also make WiFi ones, but those can get expensive.

Besides the Dymo, there are options offered by Zebra, Rollo, Seiko, and others, but I prefer the Dymo for the cost and range of labels available. You can buy low cost labels right here on ebay, just look for an approved compatible from a USA seller. Cheap imports can be problematic.

One word of caution, do not buy the new Dymo 500 series, 550, or 5XL. They are not compatible with many label types.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Shipping Label printer

Rollo, Rollo, Rollo, Rollo, Rollo.

Bought a Refurbished one from Manufacturer on eBay for $150 Jan '23. I'm absolutely in love.

I know some printers require specific labels like brand specific, not sure how wide spread that is, but I know I when I was in the market for a label printer it was a concern of mine I had read about ...  but Rollo can use any labels apparently........ I buy the UPS labels which people get them free from UPS and re-sell them on eBay. I've been able to buy UPS labels that are being resold on eBay for like 1/10 the cost of new branded labels from other sources. I last picked up 6,000 UPS labels for like $30. If you ship enough, the recurring cost of labels can absolutely eat you alive if you are forced into purchasing brand specific labels. So consider that too when picking a printer, what will the recurring cost of labels be.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply