cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Label defaulted to Priority Mail rather than the Auction's First Class mail

When I go to print a shipping label, normally it will default to the shipping preference that I have selected for the auction.  In most cases, I select US First Class mail as the items are below 4 ounces.  Starting about September 2, 2020, the default on for priniting shipping lables has shown as US Priority Mail or US Priority Express Mail.  I can manually change it on each label, but if you are not paying very close attention it will cause you to purchase a higher rate of shipping when not intending to do so.  You can cancel the label and request a refund, but it will take time to have the refund placed back onto your account.

I called and reported this today and it seems no ticket for this has been set up until now.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Shipping Label defaulted to Priority Mail rather than the Auction's First Class mail

From eBay's point of view; "not a flaw".

Re: Shipping Label defaulted to Priority Mail rather than the Auction's First Class mail

It’s always defaulted to Priority Mail ever since the beginning for me. So I guess I’m already trained to not go with the default choose from the get go.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

This started to me as well. Most of my customers and my default shipping method is "Buyer Selected". eBay making Priority Mail as default even customers choose a Standard Mail option creates a room for eBay Sellers to make mistakes shipping it as Priority Mail instead of Customer Preference. I don't want to ship Priority Mail if the buyer only pays for Standard Shipping.

Dear eBay, can you please change it where the default shipping is "Buyer Selected" preference and not eBay preference?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

This needs to stop.  If my listings specify Media Mail then when I go to print out my postage Priority should not be pre-selected.  It is like Ebay is deliberately setting us up to make mistakes.   Then you would have to void the label, wait weeks to be refunded, and send a message to the customer explaining the change in the tracking information.  It's a really stupid change that started showing up a couple weeks ago.  They're always fixing stuff that isn't broken and making unnecessary changes to pages.  To add to the confusion it allows the customer to select a method of shipping on the page when you've already chosen the method in your listing.  Really bogus, man. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

It goes to poor user experience. Extra unnecessary time spent and prone to causing sellers hassle if not paying attention to change one more setting. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

So the answer to my question is no I can’t set it to default back to first class. There is no user acceptance testing or customer experience testing at eBay, I’ve noticed dozens of things that should be no brainers to implement. And I was not aware a buyer can choose a shipping preference. If they’re not going to pay for more than the sellers’ most economical shipping then that setting, if you’re saying it exists (I haven’t noticed it as a buyer) is setting up false expectations for the buyer. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The buyer can only choose from the options that the seller set up in the listing. If something else has been designated as the buyer's choice, that 's some display glitch.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@dealsfromdalia wrote:

So the answer to my question is no I can’t set it to default back to first class. 

Is that a statement or a question? This thread dates back to last September/October when there was a reported bug in the Shipping form where a First Class purchase got its default set to Priority and a Priority purchase got set to FedEx overnight. That has been fixed.

If your listing was set for First class and the buyer does not deliberately pay for an upcharge to a faster method then you should see First class. (If the buyer buys multiples so the collective weight goes over a pound then that will force Priority too.)

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

This is an issue again. Stardard shipping is selected on my shipping default business preferences, yet when I go to print labels, ebay is defaulting every sale to Priority Mail instead of standard Ground Advantage. Ebay, please fix this.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

You may want to double check your weight and dimensions.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@jaboncollc wrote:

This is an issue again. Stardard shipping is selected on my shipping default business preferences, yet when I go to print labels, ebay is defaulting every sale to Priority Mail instead of standard Ground Advantage. Ebay, please fix this.

Very old thread.  You may want to start a new one.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply