cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Carrier & Shipping Service Being Changed by eBay

All, anyone else finding when you go to print shipping that the carrier and /or service has been changed by eBay? 

Today had one long running listing with regular sales suddenly show Priority instead of First Class. A second sale came through with seller paid FedEx Overnight (yikes),  which wasn't even an option offered.  These are listings where i've made no changes and when I checked the listing details the shipping spec'ed on my end is unchanged, so it appears somewhere in the flow the site is overriding the listing. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@threshold.sales.group   Yes, many sellers have been reporting this for a few days now.  

I tagged staff in another thread to see if it's a glitch or by design

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling-Q-A/New-Shipping-Form-Pre-Selects-Priority-Mail-SELLER-BEWARE/...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Your being manipulated, eBays' trying to (fool) you into using Priority even when buyers choice is 1st class. I cought 'em at it this AM too, just change it to buyers choice before you buy a label.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

They sprung this on me today.  I was startled and double checked the original listing and yes, it was first class, not priority.  They're trying to trick sellers into eating shipping to make up for the over-load at the USPS. They've done this before, but it seemed like a glitch - now it has been developed a bit more.

This is what I saw - note "fast" but beneath that "buyer selected".

Screenshot 2020-10-20 122846.jpg

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

eBay knows the weight of my item being returned is greater than 70 pounds but they still sent me a USPS shipping label which USPS will not accept. It arrived by FEDEX, it needs to be shipped back FEDEX. As a result I will not be able to ship the item unless I pay for it. Free shipping, my foot. It’s a scam.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the heads-up.  Sorry to hear more folks are dealing with the mess. 

Fwiw, just got another order with the shipping changed by eBay to FedEx Priority Overnight (seller paid).  Again, that service wasn't even offered in the listing. That's the second one in the last hour.  Good grief. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply