cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Calcualted by seller location

For the first time i'm using the ebay feature for shipping that apparently calculates  the shipping cost for the buyer depending on their location. The range that ebay showed me can be from 13.95 - 120.00 for ground fedex.

I'm a little worried that shipping cost might be too high for the buyer, or worried that the feature isn't work.

If people can take a look at my listing and tell me what it shows for shipping (and please tell me what city you live in) it would help me better understand how this shipping option work.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/133979770482

Thanks

Eric

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ergrig-5 

the box usps has for priority shipping was too small.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You do not have to use a "USPS box"  to ship.

You can use the box of your choice unless you are talking about "Flat Rate Priority" shipping.

Your listing shows $41.99 to zone 8

You can plug any zip code to check the cost.

Shipping>    see details>   enter any zip>   click "get rates" (be sure to switch back to your zip when done)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@ergrig-5   I've been using Calculated shipping ever since I started Selling.  If your weights and package dimensions are correct then there is no issue.  I use USPS exclusively.  By using that setting you may have a price advantage with more local customers in adjacent or the next shipping zone but coast to coast and out to Hawaii & Alaska the rates will jump.

Most carriers have "Dimensional weight" parameters.  For USPS anything over 1728 Cubic inches gets kicked up to Dimensional weight and costs go up.  You multiply the package L x W x H to get the cubic volume.  One inch on either L x W x H can make a BIG difference in shipping costs.

And yes, Buyers will see what it will cost them to ship from their location to theirs ...

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the response. The high end of the range $120.00 that ebay showed  scared me, but i guess the $120 is for locations like Hawaii and Alaska. Makes sense. I used fedex ground since the box usps has for priority shipping was too small.

Thanks again for the quick reply,

Eric

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@ergrig-5 

the box usps has for priority shipping was too small.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You do not have to use a "USPS box"  to ship.

You can use the box of your choice unless you are talking about "Flat Rate Priority" shipping.

Your listing shows $41.99 to zone 8

You can plug any zip code to check the cost.

Shipping>    see details>   enter any zip>   click "get rates" (be sure to switch back to your zip when done)

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Yes i mean flat rate, but i guess all carriers have that option. I think when i did a comparison Fedex ground seemed the most cost effective. Any chance you can take a look at my listing and tel me what the shipping cost is for your location? i want to get a general idea what shipping might cost around the country.

Thanks,

Eric

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@ergrig-5 

see my edited post to check cost to different locations.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Not sure if the "large flat rate" game box is still available.  Bunch of stuff would fit in one of those.

About 24 inches long.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Thanks. I'm in California so the 41.99 must be on the high range.

Zone 8: Shipments moving generally 1,801 miles or greater anywhere in the contiguous U.S.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Alaska/Hawaii  by FedEx $98.66

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Delaware…$37.09

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Tampa $37.09

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I guess no one from alaska or hawaii are buying from me:)

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

As others have noted, you can ship via USPS Priority Mail in any box, such as whatever you plan to use for shipping via FedEx.

If you want to check the shipping cost to various locations, you can do that yourself, using eBay's own shipping calculator. If a listing is already active, you can also check the shipping cost yourself by going to the 'Shipping and payments" tab and entering the ZIP Code for any location you want.  You can look up the ZIP Code for any US city at usps.com, it's under the menu for "Send".

http://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

This was so helpful thank you!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply