cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Around July 10 USPS Increase

Just a reminder.  USPS is raising rates on July 10. Okay, I know, old news, but just as a reminder to be aware of your listings that may start before and end after the date. Buyers will think YOU changed the shipping cost or they may pay on Saturday and you'll have to pay extra on Monday. I know, I know, it doesn't apply to everything but it may save you a small headache if its applicable to you and you need to make arrangements, that's all.

---and yeah, my relists are listed under old dates too---

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The July 10 changes are coming up in just over 2 weeks. That's not much time for sellers to get their listings updated. I'll re-post what I said back in April.

Pages 150-152 of this document show the proposed Media Mail increases for July.

Flats are also going up, as are letter stamps, postcard stamps, insurance, PO boxes, and more.

According to pg 173 it looks like the base $50 insurance included with Priority shipments is increasing to $100.

USPS is also changing around zones. Any seller that uses shipping rate tables will need to closely evaluate and make necessary adjustments.

Sellers offering flat rate (or "free") shipping for media mail will need to make adjustments, as will sellers that build the cost of insurance into their item/handling charges.

-------

Regarding your relist date issue:

This issue began circa April 28th and eBay finally confirmed it's a bug about a month later.

Please contact CS with the below info so you can get added to the open ticket. The more sellers & buyers reporting the issue, the higher up the problem moves in the fix queue.

Relisted items showing incorrect listed date (May 30, 2022)

Reference ID: ALERT13827

Provide Member ID:
Provide Item number:
Provide Screenshot:

That info can be found in the post of ongoing issues pinned to the top of the tech issues board (link).

There are a few threads on the tech issues board, this being the most robust one, including confirmation from eBay staff in one of the last posts that it's a bug (link).

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

So I have auctions ending tomorrow night (it's currently Friday, 7/8).

I have someone with a bid in on an item.

How do I handle that?  

If he pays tomorrow with the old shipping rates, I lose money because I won't be able to take it to the post office until Monday (my auctions end at 6pm Saturday nights).

When the auction ends and eBay sends him an invoice, it will have Saturday's shipping cost on it, yes?

But if he pays Sunday, again I lose money because I have to use the new shipping costs?

My head hurts 🙂  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply