cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped an item and it was returned to me, but tracking says it was delivered to the buyer?

Can someone explain the steps for refunding my buyer her money?  I shipped out a item and yesterday it arrived back on my doorstep and unclaimed.  But if I look at the tracking it says it was delivered yesterday to the buyers address??  The buyer wants the item, says the mailman is out to get her or something like that, and is willing to pay for shipping again.  I have no item how to get the shipping money from her through ebay since to them its all a done deal.  So I thought I would refund everything and we can start over with a new purchase even though I will be out the paypal fee.  But how do I refund the money without a defect?  Can I choose "other adjustment" or does it have to be buyer requested?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipped an item and it was returned to me, but tracking says it was delivered to the buyer?

"idea" not item

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can send an invoice through PayPal for the additional shipping. That won't cause a defect. Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!!!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ksedar wrote:

Can someone explain the steps for refunding my buyer her money?  I shipped out a item and yesterday it arrived back on my doorstep and unclaimed.  But if I look at the tracking it says it was delivered yesterday to the buyers address??

I would take the package to my local USPS office and have someone take a look at the detailed tracking.  If the USPS made a mistake, then they can issue another shipping label for free.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply