cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Tracking Late or Erroneous for USPS...

Hi, I started selling on Ebay recently and though I have shipped all packages either same or next day after payment - I have 3 "late penalties" under my selling account - this is despite 0 complaints and a strong history of "fast shipping!" feedback from buyers.  I mailed 5 packages yesterday and they still haven't been scanned in by USPS so I suspect I'll be dinged again even though I know they're in motion!  I tried to appeal and pretty quickly got response back that the answer was no and was final.  

I have experienced these shipping errors from both a seller and buyer perspective.   Half the time my informed delivery shows packages that are coming but don't and at the same time I've received packages and it doesn't reflect that they've arrived in tracking!  

I suspect I'm not the only one who's experienced this... does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!!  Renee

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It's all automated.

Late shipment is caused by you not having an acceptance scan ontime.

Has nothing to do with complaints or when the item is delivered.

You can get acceptance scans by using a scan form and make sure either your pickup carrier or PO scans it. Use the Kiosks to scan your packages, or have the USPS worker scan each item individually.

If you don't want to make sure you get scans for pickup/dropoff you can make your handling time longer.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@holidaysallyear The only part you are missing is to get the accepted scan from your post office. That means you must stand in line and have the clerk scan each one of your packages. Notice on your orders page, it will tell you the time you need to have that stamp by. Many post offices are getting kiosks where you can scan your own packages. You can do this, you just need to adjust your time and it will become normal. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@holidaysallyear 

As others have pointed out, many post office locations now offer a 24 hour (7 days a week, including holidays) self-service kiosk in the lobby, at which you can scan your packages quickly, and then drop them off in a secure mailing bin.

This will save you time from waiting in line inside the post office, and will increase your on-time shipping rate.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I recommend the following:

• Print out a USPS Scan Form & have the USPS Carrier scan the acceptance;
  • Print out a USPS Scan Form & have the USPS Clerk at the post office scan the acceptance;
  • Have the USPS Mail Carrier or Office Clerk scan all the packages;
  • Or you as the shipper go to a post office with a self service kiosk & scan all of your packages & drop off the scanned the packages right there at the USPS office.

Use any combination of those methods & that should give you a 100% acceptance scan rating.

If you just drop off the parcels or just give the parcels to the carrier, then there is a possibility that you might not have any official online scan.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

USPS - IVe started having them pick up packages at my house for ground shipping.    Post office is 20 min from my house,  the line takes 40 min and 20 home .. .aint nobody got time to do that every day.

I also have a few dings that I have positive feedback on; the customer says fast shipping, great packaging, etc... but what can we do...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Create a scan form and have the carrier scan it when they pick up your packages.

This will show proof to eBay that you have had your items handled within your advertised handling time.

You must use the bulk tool to create labels if you use eBay labels.

However, you don't have to create labels in bulk you can do 1 at a time and they will all add to your scan form.

I promise you adjusting to this will save you a lot of headache.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Create a scan form and have the carrier scan it when they pick up your packages.

This will show proof to eBay that you have had your items handled within your advertised handling time.

You must use the bulk tool to create labels if you use eBay labels.

However, you don't have to create labels in bulk you can do 1 at a time and they will all add to your scan form.

I promise you adjusting to this will save you a lot of headache.

Is there a "How-to" for this scan form?

I've seen it mentioned several times, but never seen a link to anything explaining it, or anyone actually explain it, just saying to use it.

(If USPS ever gets its bleep together, I'll start listing new items, and hopefully start selling again, but not until then.  I'd like to use the form when/if that happens. See my post history for what I mean re USPS, if you're interested.)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

although my post offices don't have this yet, sounds better than current situation.  was looking into other options this week too - has anyone tried USPS scheduled pickup?  wouldn't they have to scan your package in when they pick up?  would love to save a trip to the post office altogether!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply