cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller shipped order after agreement on cancel and refund

On Aug 25th I won an auction and ask the seller to sent me asap because I couldn't get it after the estimated date... (Sept 4)

He answered me 5 days later (Aug 30) saying he was at a hospital and offer me to cancel my order if I couldn't wait any longer... Or he would ask a friend to ship my item

I answered that Id rather cancel it and buy from another seller 

After that the seller dissappear again e didn't said anything. 

I bought from another seller and I was waiting the estimated date to open a dispute... 

But now I got an update that my order was shipped 🤦🏿‍♂️ and not canceled 

How can I solve this? Can I use my conversation (attached) to open a dispute?? How do I return this item? His policy is no return

Plz help me, thnks in advance and sorry about my poor English 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Was the Original last 'estimated delivery date' on the order BEFORE 4-Sept?  IF it was and the item arrives AFTER that day, then on can use a little know fact that a late delivery is a reason for a SNAD case.  So if it comes after the original last edd, file the SNAD case and seller will have to pay return shipping.

But remember, sellers are humans and sometimes things like this happen. One can speculate that this is a scam or take the seller's word at face value. Seems like there is a place for some empathy in the mix here?

Alternatively one may have to call CS and have them review the emails - assuming that you communicated through eBay email system.  Other wise you are out of luck as eBay won't accept third party texts or emails as "evidence."

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

on sept 1st the seller answered me, saying that:

"Your order has been shipped with tracking number XXXXXX
But don't worry if you have already bought it elsewhere and want to return it, i will send you a prepaid shipping label, so you can return it with no fee then you will receive a full refund.
Your satisfaction is my top priority. Sorry for the inconveniences and thank you for understanding!"

i replied asking for the label twice and he vanished ,he doesnt reply me back

... today was the estimated delivery (sept 4)
on the tracking, the delivery date will be sept 5

can i open a dipute???

what should i do??? i dont trust that he will send me that prepaid label after i get the item,

he doesnt alow returns on his ebay store...

plz help... 😞
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@cjbrasil wrote:
... today was the estimated delivery (sept 4)
on the tracking, the delivery date will be sept 5

can i open a dipute???

Start a return request @cjbrasil with the reason "Doesn't match description or photos" for the late delivery. eBay says:

trinton@ebay wrote:
We consider the delivery timeframe to be a part of the description, so you can select Doesn't match description or photos and indicate in your message that this is due to late delivery.

Additionally, I double made sure to double check on this topic with a policy expert and do need to correct one of my earlier statements - an item would be eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee protection if it arrives later than the latest estimated delivery date and the buyer no longer wishes to keep the item. While we can protect a seller for late delivery misses as a part of their seller performance if the item was shipped within their stated handling time, even when the shipment occurs within the stated handling time, the buyer would have the option to return the item if it was received after the latest estimated delivery date.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thnks, I just opened that request

According to eBay I need to wait until Sept 11 for them step in if the seller doesn't reach me 

I hope I will be able to solve this

Thnks for the support I got here 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply