cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sends pwd locked ipod listed as "like new", will not honor refund

I bought this ipod: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-touch-6th-Generation-Space-Gray-16-GB-Perfect-Condition/17458504...

Instead of resetting it, the seller sent it to me pass code locked. I contacted her to explain the situation, she didn't have the correct pass code, so I initiated a refund.

I sent it back to her, I thought I did it the way I was supposed to through ebay, but apparently I may not have, because I  got a message reminding me to ship the return, when I already did two weeks ago.  My tracking receipt for the return says the seller has had the item back for a week now, and she has not refunded me. Now, she will not reply to my messages

How do I prove to ebay that I have shipped the item back to her? Again, I have the tracking #, but when I was going through the procedure, I saw no place to enter it. I need to get ebay to acknowledge that I sent the item back before Feb 4, or I will not get a refund or be able to open a case against her.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did you file an item not as described case in the resolution center? If not, do so now and enter that tracking. Link to resolution center is at bottom of page.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Did you request or receive a return label from eBay or the seller?  If you sent it back on your own, you'll need to supply eBay with the tracking number. Your best bet is probably to ask for a call back at the bottom of this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/returns-missing-items-refunds-buyers?id=4008&st=12&...

If you can't get it taken care of through eBay, remember you can fall back on PayPal and/or your credit card co.

@mike4721 wrote:

How do I prove to ebay that I have shipped the item back to her? Again, I have the tracking #, but when I was going through the procedure, I saw no place to enter it.

I need to get ebay to acknowledge that I sent the item back before Feb 4, or I will not get a refund or be able to open a case against her.

You cannot add your own return tracking number yourself @mike4721 eBay has to do it for you.

6bubfa0afn0fanhbuhf8uda0.jpg

Send a private message to eBay here with your name, email, and zip code, and ask eBay to add your return tracking number.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply