cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller says Ebay won't let them issue a refund?

I had returned a few items and paid for the shipping to return back to the seller. Seller accepted my return and received the items, but is now saying Ebay is having technical issues and can't refund me. They are asking for my paypal so they can send it thru there. If i understand correctly, isn't giving out your email against ebay policy? I am unsure how to approach this situation and was wondering if anyone can give me some guidance on what I should do?

Thank you for your time reading 🙂

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Nonsense!  If seller can find the trnsaction on their PayPal account, they can issue a refund.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You are allowed to give out contact info after the sale.

Just tell the seller to use the refund link on the original paypal transaction, if possible.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you both for replying! I appreciate it, I haven't had to return anything on Ebay in years and seemed kinda odd to me. I'll inform the seller of the refund link. Its been a few weeks so I am hoping it can be resolved. Thanks again, much appreciated! 🙂

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@dezley._5 wrote:

I had returned a few items and paid for the shipping to return back to the seller. Seller accepted my return and received the items, but is now saying Ebay is having technical issues and can't refund me. They are asking for my paypal so they can send it thru there. If i understand correctly, isn't giving out your email against ebay policy? I am unsure how to approach this situation and was wondering if anyone can give me some guidance on what I should do?

Thank you for your time reading 🙂

This has happened to me on more than one occassion. Ebay system does mess up from time to time. For me, it cleared up the next day and I was able to issue a refund.

However, don't accept a refund from PayPal if it's not an actual "refund" of the original transaction. All the seller has to do in PayPal is locate the original transaction, and click on "Refund this Transaction". PayPal will send the money back to you, then notify Ebay it's been refunded.

If it's just a transfer of money, DECLINE IT. That smells of scammer. They may just be buying time, then issue a transfer back of the money they sent you at a later date. Then you have no item (since you sent it back) and no money - and you're out of time to get your original refund. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply