cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller isn't responding to me after return

So i bought a hard drive on April 11th and it was failing so i messaged the seller about an RMA and he generated me a return label and i returned it.

but the item arrived to him monday of this week and i haven't been able to get a response about the new one now.

what do i do?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Was the return label was generated inside a "return request" and tracking shows delivered on the returns page? If so, the seller has 6 business days to refund.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

no i didn't do a return request, i just sent him a message about an RMA for the drive and he generated a ups label.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

It might have been an oversight not to have the oversight of a return request. You only have 30 days after actual delivery to open a return request, so that deadline is quickly approaching.

If your seller does not automatically refund within the next few days, start a return request for your seller to either click to issue an immediate refund, or click Accept return so you get the Add tracking button to enter your already-delivered UPS tracking number.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

if he doesn't respond soon open a return request and input the tracking number for the return. He will respond pretty quickly if you do that.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

they finally responded and said that a replacement would be sent out today.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Your seller is drawing you out past the deadline to start a return request by pretending a "replacement" at this stage.

You only have a few days left to start a return request. Secure your refund now, then buy from another seller.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

it was shipped out yesterday.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Do you see movement on the replacement tracking number, @shogunreaper?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

yeah
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

For future reference, never accept an offer of a replacement. If the replacement fails or never shows up, you will have another set of problems.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

ETA?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

well this is a used hard drives (pulled from data center) so the warranty isn't that long anyway.

@hafoster

Friday, 05/12/2017, By End of Day.

I paid by paypal so i'm not really worried about losing the money, it's just i used my $15 sale coupon on it so i don't want it to be wasted.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@shogunreaper wrote:

Friday, 05/12/2017, By End of Day.

I paid by paypal so i'm not really worried about losing the money, it's just i used my $15 sale coupon on it so i don't want it to be wasted.

Sounds like you'll have just enough time to verify the replacement drive, before deciding whether or not to start a return request on the original drive (which has been returned and already delivered back) before the 30-days-from-actual-delivery deadline: You purchased on April 11th, and it arrived a few days later, plus 30 days to the deadline.

Yes, PayPal will get you a refund when you show tracking back to the seller.

If by coupon you meant eBay Bucks, they expire in an additional 21 days once refunded. Otherwise, if the coupon is now past its expiration date, you won't be able to use it again.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@tarpedge wrote:

If by coupon you meant eBay Bucks, they expire in an additional 21 days once refunded. Otherwise, if the coupon is now past its expiration date, you won't be able to use it again.

No it was a coupon from a flash sale (the one where the system messed up and errored on people)

it was a $15 off one that you could use on an item of any price.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply