cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller holding refund hostage for feedback

"Dear customer,

No problem. Please simply leave a 5 stars positive feedback on that transaction that you want to cancel just to prevent feedback fraud, then we will send the cancellation request to you. we ask for positive feedback just.

Please send us a message after leaving feedback.

Thank you very much  

Regards"

Can the seller really do this?  This can't be legal...

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it IS feedback extortion, and I'm pretty sure that if a buyer requests a cancellation they cannot leave feedback. Would the feedback ultimately be removed after cancellation? That I do not know.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Technically, I think it would fall under feedback extortion. You can report him here but that might not get your item cancelled.  https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Also, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, if the transaction is cancelled, doesn't feedback get erased too?

Yes, it IS feedback extortion, and I'm pretty sure that if a buyer requests a cancellation they cannot leave feedback. Would the feedback ultimately be removed after cancellation? That I do not know.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 3
latest reply