cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous shipping prices with "eBay global shipping" enforced on me

Hi!

I'm shopping from outside of US and eBay global shipping didn't bother me frequently. Usually it was USPS international shipping instead with a very reasonable cost of ~25$ bucks for a phone for instance, US > Europe.

Now for some reason I listings I see are eBay Global freaking shipping program which is notorious for corrupting goods at repackaging and stupidly expensive. Any little thing I want to pick up even for ~10-20$ is now + 50 BUCKS SHIPPING!

Crazy!

Is there a way to turn it off somehow and change for direct shipping other than talking directly to seller to convince to change the option, which barely would be done?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I am Canadian, and I mostly purchase small items like trading cards on ebay. I get annoyed af when I see a trading card for $5 US, but the shipping is $15 - $20 US using the ebay global shipping program. This happens on almost every auction I see. I'm not sure sellers in the US understand that they can put a trading card in a plain white envelope, put a couple Forever stamps on it, and ship it to Canada directly, no hassles, for a few dollars. They don't need to mail it to Kentucky, or Michigan first, and have it shipped for them, costing Canadians $15 - $20 for ebay to profit from the shipping. If you want more people bidding on your auctions, or buy it now sales, STOP USING EBAY'S GLOBAL SHIPPING, it is costing you because fewer people are bidding on your items, so they sell for less. IT IS JUST ANOTHER MONEY GRAB BY EBAY.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply